measurement please

-

wedgie

Reaction score
I am building solid motor mounts for my '65 Dart (drag only). If anybody has an early "A" body with a stock 273 sitting on good stock motor mounts, I wonder if you could measure the clearance between the oil pan and the top of the "K" member? Thanks guys.

Don't have exact measurements, but I mocked up the block on the K & took pics with various oil pans including stock. Ultimately used a Milodon low profile with the front edges shaved off. If you want can post pics.

So that I understand, what are you trying to do? front of the pan to the rear of the K member?
Just the clearance between the pan and K member. For example, can you place a piece of 2X4 in the space (that would be 1 1/2")?

Looked to me to be about 3 inches measuring from the edge of the K memeber to the part of the pan that is closest. I could get an exact measurement because it's been raining and the car is out side.

Looked to me to be about 3 inches measuring from the edge of the K memeber to the part of the pan that is closest. I could get an exact measurement because it's been raining and the car is out side.
Man, we could sure use some of that rain. I am just trying to figure how much room is between the pan and the K member. I assume that it is at least an inch. If you can barely put your fingers in ther, it's about an inch. I probably have time to put the final touches on the mounts, because I am still waiting for my spitfires. He said two weeks but................

Man, we could sure use some of that rain. I am just trying to figure how much room is between the pan and the K member. I assume that it is at least an inch. If you can barely put your fingers in ther, it's about an inch. I probably have time to put the final touches on the mounts, because I am still waiting for my spitfires. He said two weeks but................

I ended up using a Milodon pan, had to modify the K member for that. I have TTi's on right now but decided to go with fenderwells for ease of maintenance.

I did a two finger measurement of my buddies early A with a 273 and was able to get two fingers in which is approximately 2 inches. The 360 pan is a little different on the front of the pan.

I ended up using a Milodon pan, had to modify the K member for that. I have TTi's on right now but decided to go with fenderwells for ease of maintenance.

I did a two finger measurement of my buddies early A with a 273 and was able to get two fingers in which is approximately 2 inches. The 360 pan is a little different on the front of the pan.
Thank you. I am going to set it at approximately 2" and then set my front driveline angle. Hope my spitfires arrive soon.

-
Back