measurements

-

a68postcar

Reaction score
hey y'all! i really need some help with a couple of measurements on an E body. i need to know the distance from the top of the frame rail to the top of the radiator(core) support!!!! thanks in advance, postcar.

hey robert! thanks alot for the pics and drawing!!!! i did look at the them. they were most helpful for the rail location. the problem is that the installed height on the support has to be correct so that the fender nose is at the correct elevation, so that the lines all meet up at the right spot. in other words the inners and support have all the stress and the fender has little to none. and i hate to twist or tweak a fender at all. especially a new one. we've all seen the scenario where the fender is down on top, and the bottom at the rocker is pointed off toward Fisher,PA. and, you have to twist it at the bottom to get it into place. well the problem there is that the stress from the twist has to go somewhere, and it always goes to the top of the wheel opening. there is less material strength there, and it shows up as the rear or front of the opening lip protrudes in a less than asthetically pleasing way. you see it when you look all the way down the side of the car. usually from the rear. if you get it too low, the radiator wont go on the support cause it hits at the bottom, and the holes won't line up. then you are really screwed!!!! i will post some pics later of this project. thanks alot robert!!! you rule!!! postcar

-
Back