measuring for pushrods. .please heelllllp

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
First off I bought a pushrod checker. . The 7702 comp cams one. And I have no clue how to use it. . I seen a video on youtube a huy was showing how to use it. But ona ford. Any way he had the same checker. .thing is I dnt even know the length of the checker when all the way closed how do I fing this out..and wats the procedure on measuring gor correct length??? Thanks guys

7702 starts at 6.800" and each 360 degree turn is .050. And as Moper posted we need to know if its a hyd. or solid cam and what rockers.

7702 starts at 6.800" and each 360 degree turn is .050. And as Moper posted we need to know if its a hyd. or solid cam and what rockers.

cam is comp cam solid 306 magnum 260/260 with .555 lift. ..hughes 1.6 aluminum rockers with solid lifters

Ok a couple things your going to need is a valvetrain checking spring, something like prussian blue or I just use a blue magic marker.

Once the heads are on and torqued down with the checking spring on one of the valves turn the cam so the lifter is all the way down on the back side of the lobe. Turn the adj. pushrod to its shortest length install it and the shaft with the pair of rockers on it. adjust the rocker so one full thread is showing from the bottom as per the hughes instructions. next start turning the rocker and counting each full turn until right before it contacts the rocker arm cup. stop and place the feeler gauge for what you want to set your cold lash adjustment to then finish turning the pushrod tool until it stops against the cup. now pull the rocker shaft assy. and add up how many turns it took to get there but don't order them just yet. next mark the valve stem tip with the marker or whatever and reinstall the rocker and pushrod at its set length you just figured out and rotate the motor by hand a couple times. pull the rockers back off and check the pattern. it should be centered on the tip of the stem. if not post a pic up here and we can go over how to get that corrected. Johnny.

Ok a couple things your going to need is a valvetrain checking spring, something like prussian blue or I just use a blue magic marker.

Once the heads are on and torqued down with the checking spring on one of the valves turn the cam so the lifter is all the way down on the back side of the lobe. Turn the adj. pushrod to its shortest length install it and the shaft with the pair of rockers on it. adjust the rocker so one full thread is showing from the bottom as per the hughes instructions. next start turning the rocker and counting each full turn until right before it contacts the rocker arm cup. stop and place the feeler gauge for what you want to set your cold lash adjustment to then finish turning the pushrod tool until it stops against the cup. now pull the rocker shaft assy. and add up how many turns it took to get there but don't order them just yet. next mark the valve stem tip with the marker or whatever and reinstall the rocker and pushrod at its set length you just figured out and rotate the motor by hand a couple times. pull the rockers back off and check the pattern. it should be centered on the tip of the stem. if not post a pic up here and we can go over how to get that corrected. Johnny.

Thank you. . I have yet to get my heads so as soon as they arrive I will do. .this and keep u posted. Thanks again

-
Back