Not open for further replies.

fastnos

Jack of all trades, Master of none!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a setup for the 4782 & 4783 carbs. Not too concerned about being correct, but it needs to work great. If you have a setup for sale, or know of where to purchase one, let me know the details. Found 2 new setups from Ebay sellers. Both are pricey and 1 wants me to send carbs to them to "modify." Not going there..
Shipping to Jasper Indiana, zip 47546. Any leads appreciated, and pics are great too. Thanks!

You can easily make your own using small heim joints, a few small pieces of aluminum rod, some allen bolts and nylock nuts, a short length of steel rod and a tap & die. I can send you pictures of mine as a guide.

It's pretty straight forward. One length of rod with two aluminum stops on it bolts to the two outboard carbs with heim joints.The center carb has a short rod attached to it with another heim joint with a loop bent on the opposite end that captures the long rod near it's center. Two aluminum stops on the long rod allow for progressive adjustment for the transition from the center carb to the outboards.

When the center carb is openned, the short rod's looped end slides along the long rod until it hits the aluminum stop. Once it hits the stop, the long rod begins to open the outboards.

It's a really simple, yet robust linkage that can be made with a few tools and a drill.

Homemade is easily done, not difficult to make it work proper.

Attachments

• IMG_20160321_072652_558.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 135
I think Promax sells a heim joint system. here is a the original linkage that i think was edlebrock. should be easy to copy.. LMK if you need some measurements.. PS dont jet the end carbs much i have about 400hp SB and will probably be right about 80 jet size on the end carbs, tuned with a A/F meter.

Attachments

• 6 pack 023 (1280x960).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back