Mecum - Kissimmee - 67 Valiant -- CHEAP

-

RPMagoo

Just An Old Motorhead
Reaction score
A 67 Valiant 2 door post with a 440 ++++ Sold for $6500, Today --- ????

Attachments

• 67 Valiant - Kissimmee.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 192
This thing went CHEAP. -- I'm surprised that There's no comments. -- Maybe I'm a poor judge of values. -- ???

if decent quality work, I figure that's plenty cheap. you can't tell how good or BAD the body work is in a picture. maybe it didn't sell either? reserve thing, but that still does not answer why it didn't get bid up higher.

we all know I assume, it is a buyers market on our Mopars.

I personally have never bought or sold at a car auction. too much "crap" can go on there.

-- if decent quality work, I figure that's plenty cheap. you can't tell how good or BAD the body work is in a picture. maybe it didn't sell either? reserve thing, but that still does not answer why it didn't get bid up higher.
we all know I assume, it is a buyers market on our Mopars. I personally have never bought or sold at a car auction. too much "crap" can go on there --
-- I agree. -- Possibly a rattle in the motor, rust under, bondo etc. -- -- In a separate Mecum listing, it is listed as SOLD. -- Also says "Sold" in yellow top right, of attached. -- You can log on to www.mecum.com and sign up with your email address, and look at the sale prices, at the various auctions. - This listing is J40, at 2016 Kissimmee, on Friday Jan 15th. -- Details, and several pictures of this car there.

Attachments

• 67 Valiant - Kissimmee.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 129
Timing is everything at an auction

Most don't want to pay for the prime time if they don't have a real high dollar car. The time and day determines the cost to go across the red carpet

The car isn't a high demand car, we like it because of it being an a body, but it is still at the bottom of food chain in the collector car market.

For one the wheels do nothing for the car, he might have done better with a set of steel wheels, dog dish hub caps and red line tires

The 1st days of the auction are more driver quality cars, occasionally someone that gets in late has to put a really nice car thru, but it isn't going to bring the money. If you watch the crowd mornings are better to get a deal or really late at night, TV TIME, well that is prime time that the most people will be in the stands and raising their bidders card. FRIDAY and Saturday are the high dollar prime time best of the show cars. But a 67 valiant doesn't quite fit the bill there.

Doubt it sold unless it went at no reserve and then still might not have sold due to the owner buying it back, yes that happens, they pay the fees and get title back.

Would like to have seen it up close, if it did sell for that someone got a good deal even if they just used parts for another car.

Since there are 2 FRIDAY & Saturdays next weekend will be the really nice cars

Is that Auction televised anywhere today?? Comcast ,ETC ?

-- Doubt it sold unless it went at no reserve and then still might not have sold due to the owner buying it back, yes that happens, they pay the fees and get title back. --
-- I guess that's possible --- BUT -- I thought that the seller can set a minimum price (reserve), and not sell until the car hits that price, or above. - If it does not sell, you pay a certain fee, and keep the car. -- That's the way it works at the Manheim Auto Auction, back in Pa., and I assume it's that way at all Manheim Auctions.

Can't stand those "bling bling wheels" looks like a matchbox toy...

-
Back