Meet Mr. Butterscotch

-
Very cool! Never personally seen a butterscotch Demon before. Thinking it kinda unusual,maybe somewhat rare?

Very cool! Never personally seen a butterscotch Demon before. Thinking it kinda unusual,maybe somewhat rare?

I agree. I never saw any Demons in this color combo yet. Seen plenty butterscotch hardtops or with black vinyl tops along with the black stripes. I would love to see another one like it.

I agree. I never saw any Demons in this color combo yet. Seen plenty butterscotch hardtops or with black vinyl tops along with the black stripes. I would love to see another one like it.

It's rare, the EL5 is a high impact special order paint, it isn't a super rare color in 71 but the white top and stripes combined with the EL5 make it rare. One main reason is the J54 sport hood option on the demon 340 was ALWAYS painted with the blackout so it would be an extremely rare sight to see any demon with a sport hood blackout and a white strip / top with the possible exception of a black demon !! Your car looks like it was a flat hood correct ?
Here is a pic back in the day of what looks to be a black demon 340 with sport hood, black top, and white stripe!

image-jpg.1714845439

View attachment image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You car looks awesome.
The air cleaner looks really nice, I have the same air cleaner hanging on the wall of my garage now for 25 years, I guess I should put it on something one day.

It's rare, the EL5 is a high impact special order paint, it isn't a super rare color in 71 but the white top and stripes combined with the EL5 make it rare. One main reason is the J54 sport hood option on the demon 340 was ALLWAYS painted with the blackout so it would be an extreamly rare sight to see any demon with a sport hood blackout and a white strip / top with the posible exception of a black demon !! Your car looks like it was a flat hood correct ?
Here is a pic back in the day of what looks to be a black demon 340 with sport hood, black top, and white strip!

Your correct Mike. My Demon's is a flat hood and staying that way.

New updates:

The other day I stopped by the shop where my Demon is at to check the progress on it and the front suspension is out and will get all new bushings and K-frame will get painted or powder coated and the same will go for the rear axle since it is out of the car as well. Will also be installing new ESPO leaf springs while the axle is out. I just recently bought new shocks and steel rims which will be painted the same color as the car.

Very nice work...But no way I could bring myself to put a vinyl top on it original or not.

So close John. Shame it won't be ready for MIR. I'm sure you'll be ready for next year. Which car you bringin this time?

So close John. Shame it won't be ready for MIR. I'm sure you'll be ready for next year. Which car you bringin this time?

Yeah you know it, so close but so far at getting it done. I know I'm excited to see this project finished.

Bringing the orange Demon again Mitch. Maybe it's last time possibly?

It's O.K to lick the paint,especially in winter...no seriously I would never lie...

New updates:

The other day I stopped by the shop where my Demon is at to check the progress on it and the front suspension is out and will get all new bushings and K-frame will get painted or powder coated and the same will go for the rear axle since it is out of the car as well. Will also be installing new ESPO leaf springs while the axle is out. I just recently bought new shocks and steel rims which will be painted the same color as the car.
What springs you going with (#) . I want to stay away from the XHD or SS springs

What springs you going with (#) . I want to stay away from the XHD or SS springs

Not sure on a number,but I'm going with 1-1/2" to maybe a 2" height so hopefully when everything settle's down it will have a little rake to the backend.

Things are looking great John. I'm sure you're excited to see it coming together.

Some more progress pictures from today. The taillights,wheel well trim,and mirrors are installed,rims painted, and the front suspension and K frame looks to be completed for the most part. The window stuff is back in the doors again,weather stripping all done I believe and probably some other tidbits of things done.

20151105_110053_hdr-jpg.1714853480

View attachment 20151105_110053_HDR.jpg

20151105_110129_hdr-jpg.1714853481

View attachment 20151105_110129_HDR.jpg

20151105_110136_hdr-jpg.1714853482

View attachment 20151105_110136_HDR.jpg

20151105_110658_hdr-jpg.1714853483

View attachment 20151105_110658_HDR.jpg

20151105_121337_hdr-jpg.1714853484

View attachment 20151105_121337_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
-