Meet Mr. Butterscotch

-
Thanks Dave! I only have a small part in the build itself but usually try and find missing or needed parts like those Kelsey Hayes brake hose brackets I recently purchased from you. Those were a huge plus and thanks again!

Glad I could help with your build.

Not a whole lot to report on the progress of my Demon. I recently got my dash bezel and dash pad from PG Classics (pictured below). Today I got my front and rear bumpers back from Tri-City Plating down in TN and they look oh so shiny! I took my 340 to the local NAPA store that has a great machine shop plus the guy in there is going to rebuild it for me with some of my supplied parts.

20160222_140324_hdr-jpg.1714877555

View attachment 20160222_140324_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
John,I saw your Demon over at Steve's place the other Sunday when I visited the shop. It looks great! Have you had any success finding quarter window gaskets?
Steve thinks that he will be soon be ready to get my Duster in the shop and start working on it.

Nice John ! I have the dash outa my car right now also.
Can't wait to see your car finished

John,I saw your Demon over at Steve's place the other Sunday when I visited the shop. It looks great! Have you had any success finding quarter window gaskets?
Steve thinks that he will be soon be ready to get my Duster in the shop and start working on it.

Kevin,I did find the gaskets awhile ago and ordered them....but no sign of them yet. Hope the place I am getting them from is legit.

Nice John ! I have the dash outa my car right now also.
Can't wait to see your car finished

Oh I can't wait to get this project done and get to showing it off Mitch. I am trying to push to get it done for Chryslers at Carlisle but the way these months fly by I don't know.

^ ^ ^ The Demon's being loaded on a transport heading this way as soon as it's finished right ?? :)

Could you post or PM me the vendor you got the quarter window gaskets from please?

Your car looks stunning!! Love the EL5 with white stripes...<drool>

^ ^ ^ The Demon's being loaded on a transport heading this way as soon as it's finished right ?? :)

Could you post or PM me the vendor you got the quarter window gaskets from please?

I'm also interested in knowing where you got the gaskets from ?

You bet 6pkC!! Would love be cruising around your area in this car.

I'll PM or post later on about the quarter window seals.

John

Car looks great John! Nice new shiny PG stuff I see. Did you order thru Pg or thru BE&A?
Im interested in 1/4 window weatherstrip info as well.

Car looks great John! Nice new shiny PG stuff I see. Did you order thru Pg or thru BE&A?
Im interested in 1/4 window weatherstrip info as well.

Glad your liking it Steve.

Also I ordered my PG parts through Herb's.

For everybody asking about the quarter window gaskets. I found them at a place called Mopar Mall.
http://www.moparmall.com/Pop-Out-Quarter-Window-Seal-Set-for-1970-1974-Dust-p/806-867-_-906-111.htm.

I tried emailing them earlier to see if they had them in stock but never heard back. As desperate as I am needing these seals to keep my project rolling along,I went ahead,took a gamble and ordered a set,but still haven't got them or heard anything from them.

John

Just an update on the quarter window seals. Well Mopar Mall is having the same issue's as all the other guys trying to get these seals. Supposedly the tooling got messed up and will be a long wait.

Haven't updated my thread in awhile and progress has slowed some. Besides waiting on quarter glass seals that are still on back order from Taiwan. Earlier this year I had my 340 rebuilt to almost stock specs. and it is now painted. I don't care for the pale hemi orange engine paint and race hemi is too reddish so I went with the Chevy orange paint and it looks nice.
My air cleaner got blasted and painted wrinkle finish as I am now going to go with a single 4 barrel carburator instead of a 6 pack setup that I originally planned for but maybe will later on.
My bucket seats got stripped down to the frames and were sent out to a local powdercoater and they turned out fairly nice.

20160901_100223_HDR.jpg

20160901_100449_HDR.jpg

20160901_103309_HDR.jpg

Looking good John. Wish you could get thise darn quarter window seals.

I know Kevin. Once I get those seals it would be smooth sailing for the interior. Also getting my transmission rebuilt by a local guy I know who rebuilt the 727 in my orange Demon 14 years ago. Have the radiator at Mike's Radiator Aid to make it a 3 core since this Demon has A/C.

I seen your Duster today and it's looking good.

I sold a butterscotch Demon ( slant car) bout 10 yrs ago, it went to a couple in Ks that wanted the 2nd one for the wife. I miss it! love the color!

Looking good John! I've never been a fan of the butterscotch paint but man, I think your Demon has just converted me. The white makes it pop.

Thanks Eddie! It's been a slow process for sure to get it done. I'm still waiting on the quarter glass seals to come available again which has been almost a year since I needed them. I have the transmission and radiator getting rebuilt which seems to be going slow as well. Other than that the car don't need a whole lot to do till it's ready for the road.

Are you coming to the Mopar show at Budd's Creek next Saturday?

Thanks Eddie! It's been a slow process for sure to get it done. I'm still waiting on the quarter glass seals to come available again which has been almost a year since I needed them. I have the transmission and radiator getting rebuilt which seems to be going slow as well. Other than that the car don't need a whole lot to do till it's ready for the road.

Are you coming to the Mopar show at Budd's Creek next Saturday?

I have to help put up some deer stands up next weekend which is about halfway there so I should be there. Not too sure if I'll bring one of the dusters since one has the engine out of it and the other still needs the front end rebuilt and has a fuel problem right now but I'm planning on being there.

-
Back