Meet my new 74 Duster

-
Went in to see how far along they are.They say the under side will be painted this week.Nice clean no rust or undercoating SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSweet.Not bad for an Canadian car AH.:D

Attachments

• 74 Duster floor 001.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 74 Duster floor 003.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 576
  • 74 Duster floor 004.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 568
  • 74 Duster floor 005.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 547
NICE Snake.
I sometimes wish I could just take a car in and have someone else do the dirty work, but then again it's hard to trust anyone to do a decent job of anything these days.
There is an upside though, since I know every nut and bolt personally when it's done.:D

This is the engine I just got done putting a new cam and lifters in. ( I even paint the bolt heads, dipstick handles and caps)

Attachments

• enginesmall.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 569
Amazing for a Canadian car is an understatement.... No floor pans to replace, no spare tire well. Wow. Lucky guy.

Dennis

NICE Snake.
I sometimes wish I could just take a car in and have someone else do the dirty work, but then again it's hard to trust anyone to do a decent job of anything these days.
There is an upside though, since I know every nut and bolt personally when it's done.:D

This is the engine I just got done putting a new cam and lifters in. ( I even paint the bolt heads, dipstick handles and caps)

Very nice indeed,the boys at the body shop I have know them for years.To Bad they were to busy to take on the Dart some 7 years back.

Amazing for a Canadian car is an understatement.... No floor pans to replace, no spare tire well. Wow. Lucky guy.

Dennis
U know it.When I saw it on line with only 48 thousand miles I kind of thought it would be a good 1.I don't even give a Canadian car a look.

U know it.When I saw it on line with only 48 thousand miles I kind of thought it would be a good 1.I don't even give a Canadian car a look.

I didn't realize Canada had rust issue's that bad, but some people have no idea it snows in AZ either. :D

Is it the weather that does it up there, or what they do to the roads during it?

Just Curious.Who is doing the body and paint?Doing it on a rotisserie?
Looking good so far.

A few more.

Attachments

• duster some paint 006.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 356
  • duster some paint 010.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 374
  • duster some paint 009.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 372
Nice color and great to see they are getting right at it.
Was afraid when opening this that it would be another 'car being held hostage ' thread.

Nice color and great to see they are getting right at it.
Was afraid when opening this that it would be another 'car being held hostage ' thread.

Well its bean 2 mouths so far.Thats the problim with collision shops there insurance claims come first.:wack:

Well its bean 2 mouths so far.Thats the problim with collision shops there insurance claims come first.:wack:

That doesnt sound too bad from some of what Ive seen. As long as you continue to see progress, you are probably better off if they have it till spring now...

My 71 has only 20,000 miles on it, another Canadian car that was not driven much in the winter i guess. I see your going GB2 blue as well, mine was in and out of the body shop in under 6 weeks. Mind you i did the underside of the car at home, as well i sprayed the trunk and engine bay here as well.

That doesnt sound too bad from some of what Ive seen. As long as you continue to see progress, you are probably better off if they have it till spring now...
No I don't want to wait till spring I have no problim working in the winter,engine in the spring.:D

-
Back