Meet The Twins !

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The economy is in the toilet.... I just got done with a decent 5 figure restoration.... and I'm rebuilding my house. So what do I do?

I buy MORE Basses!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Meet the twins. I scored a deal on selling two Basses and on buying two Basses, so we recycled the heard. I sold my 8 string Schecter and the 5 string Yamaha. I found this on e-Bay going CHEAP... so I bought it as I wanted to replace the Yamaha.
The_Twins006-vi.jpg

It's a 2007 Ibanez BTB QM405. 18volt active electronics, bolt-on maple neck, and it plays like HONEY! I was so amped up on the 5 string, I said to myself " If I can find a deal on a similar model 4 string I'd grab it"

The_Twins005-vi.jpg

I found a 2008 Ibanez BTB QM404 DIRT cheap on e-Bay also. Same features as the 5, but in a 4 string version. I already added a Hip Shot de-tuner on it last night. I've been a Fender lover since my teenage years, but man-o-man... these Ibanez's ROCK!

The_Twins004-vi.jpg

Yeah.... I know.
:angry7:

Is it just me or was anyone elso kinda expecting something else with a comment like "meet the twins" - lol

Got me to
Good looking basses John, is it possible the 4 string came from Arkansas ?
A friend of mine sold about 10 guitars and 4 basses from his collection on E-bay.

Got me to
Good looking basses John, is it possible the 4 string came from Arkansas ?
A friend of mine sold about 10 guitars and 4 basses from his collection on E-bay.

Gotchas !!!!

Actually, both Basses came from California pawn shops; the 5 string is from Torrence and the 4 is from Fresno. I got each one for about $300 under what they normally sell for. And to be truthful, I'm ahead about $75 after all is said & done.

My Wife should be happy I MADE money on this deal....
8)

Nice. On a somewhat related note, my brand new '72 Tele Custom reissue just came in the mail a couple days ago. Can't wait to get home and give it a go.

When I first saw it I looked to the right for the blue room...no dice...nice stuff..

-
Back