Mega Mopar Action Car Show, Swap & Drags Oct 5-6 at Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield

-

Limedust70

Reaction score
For anyone not going to Redding for the Killer Bees Season Finale there is a Mopar car show, swap & drag race being held Oct. 5 & 6 at Auto Club Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield in conjunction with the NHRA Heritage Series race. http://www.famosoraceway.com/mopar-nfc.html should get you somewhere in the vicinity. Info below is from the website.

2013 Mega Mopar Action Series @ Auto Club Famoso Raceway
Run in conjunction with the 2013 NHRA Heritage Series Nostalgia Fall Championships

*Schedule subject to change
Event Schedule
Gates Open 8am Saturday - Sunday
Spectators $20 Saturday - $20 Sunday
Weekend credentials (Saturday, Sunday) $30
Kids 12 under free
Camping $25 per night
VIP parking $40

Race Schedule
Saturday
Gates 8am
Heritage Series Qualifying 9:30am As called
Mopar Test & Tune: 9:30am As called
• BRACKET 1 (Electronics) – 7:00 – 19:99 Slicks & Electronics
• BRACKET 2 (No Electronics) – 7:00 – 19:99 Slicks & No Electronics
• DOT / STREET TIRE – Any Dial-In DOT Street Tires and Mufflers required, No Electronics
• S&W Race Cars Challenger Shootout
Secure Track: 5:00pm

Sunday
Gates 8am
Heritage Eliminations: 9:30am As Called
Mopar Time Trials: 11:30am & 1:30pm
• BRACKET 1 (Electronics) – 7:00 – 19:99 Slicks & Electronics
• BRACKET 2 (No Electronics) – 7:00 – 19:99 Slicks & No Electronics
• DOT / STREET TIRE – Any Dial-In DOT Street Tires and Mufflers required, No Electronics
• S&W Race Cars Challenger Shootout
Mopar Eliminations 3:00pm
Secure Track 5:00pm
Car Show
Sunday
Car Show Registration: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Car Show Judging begins: 12 PM
Sunday Car Show Awards: 2:30 PM

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately my car is still in peices, and I will be working both days. Have fun guys and take some pics.

Aj

Planning on going...but did not know it was part of another race....

My guess is since it is a first time event they couldn't risk a two day stand-alone Mopar event. I haven't seen much advertising other than Mopar Action & that is only every other month. No flyers, nothing mailed to local Mopar Action subscribers. Maybe it can grow into it's own, whether one or two day.

i didnt think this was a new race. one of my buddies who has been racing out there for years told me there was a mopar meet every october

This sounds fun. Unfortunately, we all ready committed to running the Dart at the Eagle Field Flag Drop Races on 10/5-6 in Firebaugh, CA. Super fun racing ... the way it use to be. Heads up. No eliminations. You run all day.

http://www.eaglefielddrags.com/

Hope you all have fun!

There are a couple of established all Mopar CAR SHOWS in California in October but no drag racing.

Oct 12 San Joaquin Mopars holds their Fall Finale show at Lions Park in Madera. Participant judged show, 150+ vehicles, shaded parking on grass, small swap but size fluctuates.

Oct 26 Chrysler Performance West (CPW) holds their Fall Fling at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. Show & shine format, mainly swap, parking on grass with some shade.

Both of these one day shows have been going on for years.

I don't know if any of you remember about 6-7 years ago a multi-day all Mopar car show & drags was held at California Speedway on Memorial Day weekend. Drag racing did great but the car show & swappers were off doing something else. They lost their shirts for the two years they held this event. The issue was the speedway said it was this weekend & not much else. Nothing else at the speedway to drawing spectators, car show people or swappers.

Hopefully the Bakersfield event can get established using the NHRA event to help cover the costs of the track and everything that goes with it. I think if it was a stand-alone event at this time it might be one & done.

Went to a few,of the Fontana drags(ford meets,boo!).Never caught on like LACR,in Palm dale. Famoso can be a bear in tech,always seem packed when I have been there.

Went to a few,of the Fontana drags(ford meets,boo!).Never caught on like LACR,in Palm dale. Famoso can be a bear in tech,always seem packed when I have been there.

The meets at Fontana that Limedust70 mentioned were Mopar-Only events.
The "Ford" meets that Abodybomber refers to were 2 and 3 years ago. They were NMCA all-make race and car show events combined with their Mustang racing events. The Inland Mopars Car Club that both Limedust70 and I belong to was the Host Car Club for both events as selected by the NMCA.
The NMCA moved this show to AAA Raceway at Pomona in 2012 where it's had good crowds and participation for the past two years.

-
Back