Member’s 1968 GT "personalization".

-
Slid in from underneath. Certainly not my prettiest welds ever! Because I had a big wind blowing my shielding gas away on me. Had to move the smoke out though I figured.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now the welds look better!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Boy that's solid for a Canuck/Peg car George. Love seeing frame rails like that!
I can't remember if u mentioned it, but orig 340 in it?(not that it matters)

You fellas are correct. It is frickin solid.

Steve it was a 273 originally. But I have a 340 here and know of a 68 340 nearby. I’m going to wait for a bit and see how this 318 is. Maybe it will be just fine for a while.

Last edited:
I got a tidbit of history today on the car. I went registries to get the out of province request, and the young lady told me the car was registered in BC until around 86 when it went to Manitoba. She could not give me the data but shared that with me. Gotta love it when car girls work in places like that!

Cool! With my 69 when I bought it, the UVIP went back to about the same era, 80's. I'm surprised they could get out of province data.
I got a tidbit of history today on the car. I went registries to get the out of province request, and the young lady told me the car was registered in BC until around 86 when it went to Manitoba. She could not give me the data but shared that with me. Gotta love it when car girls work in places like that!

A lot of cars I have had, I go get a classic plate on so they are registered in my name. The only way this works is if it is still in the system. So this car being alive in Manitoba probably keeps its whole life active.

This just got traded with the RT. It has a pink card currently registered in my name in the condition you see!
Active!
IMG_0025.jpeg

I am so impressed by how clean this thing is. I am taking it for inspection this coming Tuesday. Should be registered and insured in my name by Wednesday.

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg

I had to make a new tire well cover. Fortunately I have a few old ones kicking around for a template. I’m very tempted to pull a valve cover to see what the heads are. With the 340 intake and headers and sure grip, it just kinda make me wonder what is inside.

IMG_0168.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

I made one for the Charger as well. Yours turned out better though. :rolleyes:
I would absolutely check the heads, but I'm kind of OCD that way.

Looks great George! What material for the board? My original is saggy...like me it's nearing 57 years old.
I had to make a new tire well cover. Fortunately I have a few old ones kicking around for a template. I’m very tempted to pull a valve cover to see what the heads are. With the 340 intake and headers and sure grip, it just kinda make me wonder what is inside.

View attachment 1716254065

View attachment 1716254066

Looks great George! What material for the board? My original is saggy...like me it's nearing 57 years old.
I just used this “wafer board” I had kicking around. It’s only 1/8” thick. If I was to go buy some I would probably go thicker. But it feels pretty good.

image.jpg

I just made a trade of vehicles. Some of you know I had a Hemi Orange 71 Challenger RT. After many years of owning it, grandchildren being invented, and general life getting in the way, I decided to post it up for a trade. I really didn’t expect it to happen so quick, but it did. I traded the project and parts and parts car for a 1968 Racing Green Metallic, or Poly, GT. Now whether or not it is the right color is unknown as it is a 20 year old restoration. It had the quarters patched up but the rest appears to have been rock solid at the time, and for the most part still is.
I call this a personalization because I’m not going to do a lot. It needs a drivers floor patch, I will eventually install disc brakes, maybe make them power, probably add shoulder belts and that is about it. At some point it may receive a 340. I would like to vinyl roof it, but that’s a maybe and a bunch of work. That is why I made the trade. I’m getting bored of working on them. Kinda! I’m thinking drive and enjoy. The 273 was replaced by a 69 318 with unknown internals, a 69/70 340 intake, an Edelbrock carb and Headman headers. It’s followed by a 904 and a 7 1/4 sure grip diff. The “two back” PO updated these to BBP so that makes it easy to do discs. It has 16” wheels that I don’t even mind too much! Anyway, blah blah blah. Here it is. That is Stacey driving it into the shop, which coincidentally was moments before a hail storm. I never mentioned I got the car from a “ paintless dent repair” guy!

View attachment 1716251821

View attachment 1716251822

View attachment 1716251823

View attachment 1716251824

View attachment 1716251825
Good Looking Car!

Thanks all. I can't believe how "green" has grown on me! It just looks good.

As for the heads, the covers were glued on when they put the engine together! So, I'll wait until the inspection is done, drive it a bit and then maybe yank the covers. For now, I'll be wondering.

'curiosity killed the cat' as they say, lol. if it runs well and doesn't leak there's no 'real' reason to unseal the motor and potentialy get valve cover leaks just so you 'know' what heads it has. i'd leave well enough alone.
my grandad used to say 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
neil.

Uncanny has a birth certificate! Not a lot of luxury’s. He was born into a low income family. He never even got to listen to music while he played. But they were proud of their new baby and gave him all the love he deserved.

IMG_0176.jpeg

IMG_0177.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome lol! I had to replace one headlight in cuda, so figured I may as well change both, even tho other one worked. Pulled them both and the orig owner had labeled the working one with a type of fabric tape with the date lol. From the 80's...unbelievable.
Nowadays parts look great and don't work.:BangHead:

-
Back