Member’s 1968 GT "personalization".

-
Well, it's official now, I have a new tenant in my garage. My brother bought this sweet 68 GT and has no room for it at his place, so it will live with me for now.
20240602_120618.jpg
20240602_120749.jpg

We gave it good run last night, he was happy with it.

I had this sway bar on the shelf that I got years back. It came off of a 68 Barracuda. It had what I think are home made attachments because he didn’t have tabs. It was painted so it may have been some form of aftermarket add on. Well, I don’t have tabs! So I’ll run this and see how it feels until I get some tabs to weld on. It’s a big bar, 1 1/8”. I gotta get some rubbers. Thought I had some kicking around somewhere. Personalization.

IMG_0281.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

On my b body Mopar the sway bar hangs below the tab. But the weird thing with this bar is that it is shaped for this position. If it was down, the cross over would be leaning towards the k-member? It is perfectly straight where it sits.

IMG_0284.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to do an out of province on this so I may as well get at it!

lol. No. StuBBle is safe!

I’ll just make a piece for here out of flat.

Off to make a patch.

View attachment 1716252230
Moving right along on this and looking good, nice clean area, and congratulations on the lift being cleared for this project :thumbsup:

Inspection passed without a glitch! Tomorrow insurance and registration. Woo hooooooo!

View attachment 1716256048
This was great to see, sorry I got behind near the floor patch panel, love it when things just fall in place and pass our own inspection, even the Provence..I think that's correct my Canadian friend

Thank you Mike. I am very happy it’s rolling along like it is! Easy stuff is so pleasurable.
The headlight bezels had been swapped at some point. So the design was a little off. I took some flat black and a small brush to it now it looks way better.

IMG_7067.jpeg

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

Last edited:
Much more better.
I think they are 14x7 with 3” backspace. The driver rear is pretty close but should be fine. 245/60/14 on the back and 235/60/14 up front.

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

Bought these July of 2012. Finally gonna put them to use! Just gotta blast and paint them. Anybody else remember John? Baddart was his name.

IMG_0359.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

Yes I am very happy with the quality of his work. These are very well built. They have the extra 5 deg of caster but non adjustable. I think he was just trying to compete against big money and advertising. Probably just didn’t make enough sense to continue.

Blasted and shiny blacked! Tomorrow the work starts. Personalization.

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

All the bolts came apart like new. It was awesome. It was a little crusty in the pockets where they never cleaned but still solid. I scratched it up and laid some por15 on it. Good for my lifetime!

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

Last edited:
And fortunately FABO is on the internet so I could confirm that which I suspected. You have to do some trimming with tubular arms. Done deal. This puts me about the same height as the factory arms on the bump stop. It can be modified easily if needed.

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

Last edited:
Gonna have to modify the brake hose connection mount to retain these challenger hoses. I’m not gonna search because all the stuff that fit anything uses banjo bolts. This will be easy and effective.

Won’t reach here

IMG_0383.jpeg

But I’ll move the mount here. Clears the shock and all moving parts.

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

And look what I found under the shelf! Damn it. More work.

image.jpg

Yes. You are correct. I have thought about that. But since neither are “correct” I think it will look better moving the mount. I have been researching longer hoses but they are all about the same length. I need 20” and most are around 15”

I like it. No real challenge whatsoever. Relocated the mount. Easy peasy. Everything cleared. Looked at the bump stop and realized it is not essential anymore. Off it came. Hose is beautifully positioned. I’ll bend the piping later.

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

It’s gonna look factoryish! I was going to change the LCAs but the passenger side will not come out with the headers. Damn it. I’ll order some weld on tabs.

IMG_0405.jpeg

Thanks Tom. I’m very happy with the car, but……
“I just want to upgrade the brakes”

Well, you know how that goes. I dig under the bench and find a set of sway bar LCAs. Great! Then I realize I can’t install the LCAs without a big pain in the *** due to headers. Darn headers, yet another obstruction! Ok. I’ll just order tabs. Then Dave, aka qkcuda, messages me he has some. Awesome, thanks. Get looking at pictures. Might or might not work. But now he gets my brain spinning in circles! Darn you Dave! (Just kidding) Why not just build some? Ok. Start looking around and end up on Jim Lusk’s video about installing stiffening plates. Good thing I couldn’t change the control arms because the tightest set I own are on the car! That’s good.

But now I have the plasma cutter dug out of the dust and I’m gonna look at fabricating stiffening plates and sway bar tabs……

I love the hoist, but it does make things easier to get into deeply!

I love FABO because a key word can help sooooo much, but it can create sooooo much work!

Street Machine weekend is coming up. It has to be off the hoist by then!

Then I'll look at the 8 3/4............Personalization.......:realcrazy:

Thanks Tom. I’m very happy with the car, but……
“I just want to upgrade the brakes”

Well, you know how that goes. I dig under the bench and find a set of sway bar LCAs. Great! Then I realize I can’t install the LCAs without a big pain in the *** due to headers. Darn headers, yet another obstruction! Ok. I’ll just order tabs. Then Dave, aka qkcuda, messages me he has some. Awesome, thanks. Get looking at pictures. Might or might not work. But now he gets my brain spinning in circles! Darn you Dave! (Just kidding) Why not just build some? Ok. Start looking around and end up on Jim Lusk’s video about installing stiffening plates. Good thing I couldn’t change the control arms because the tightest set I own are on the car! That’s good.

But now I have the plasma cutter dug out of the dust and I’m gonna look at fabricating stiffening plates and sway bar tabs……

I love the hoist, but it does make things easier to get into deeply!

I love FABO because a key word can help sooooo much, but it can create sooooo much work!

Street Machine weekend is coming up. It has to be off the hoist by then!

Then I'll look at the 8 3/4............Personalization.......:realcrazy:
Slippery slope! I am in a similar place, started out with the wheels for the Ventura, then I decided that it was time to fix that pesky oil leak. After breaking 2 sneaky pete tools, and thinking there's a piece of one stuck in the space where the rope seal is supposed to go, the motor came out last night. Now I decided to replace the freeze plugs while I'm at it, and of course I now need a timing cover gasket set...........
At least the timing chain is still tight, but that complete 350 sitting under my bench is starting to look very tempting. And I still need tires for the new wheels........
Yeah.
Then I have to get the 68 Dart on the hoist and see where it's leaking oil from, and my brother is thinking about building a 408 for it, and my daily drivers are going to need some attention soon.
I think I need a drink!

-
Back