MeMike, I think it's time.......

-
Cool idea! Here I thought that maybe you guys were gonna paint my front fenders on my Valiant! :toothy10:
I always liked your fenders black. I am going to put black primer on mine just to look like yours.=P~

what type of fuel are you looking to run in it mike? that would help out with getting you the rules. got alot of buds here that race everything from pump gas to blown alcohol motors so getting you a reg handbooks no problem.
On pumped gas

sweet ill get ya a book...

and speaking of gas not to stray off subject but hows the float in your car doing mike?

Sounds like a hellofa plan you got going here! Make sure that car weighs next to nothing i.e. 2300#< then build the snot out of the motor, Tripple side drafts, clifford shortys, awww you guys know the drill. One easy way to get into the 10's-12's is Boost... There was no replacement for displacement
untill forced induction came along and made
the small engines go.

TF

Sounds like a great plan guys:cheers:

What are you planning on running carb, turbo, F.I., NOS or a combo?

" I've got to see this"

You will. Just hold on to your shorts. Winter is a good time to punch one out. The car is setting just out side the shop door. The donor floor pan is almost cut out. Mike. We need a 225 block so i'll send one off and get it tanked and checked out. How much over bore do we want it to go? I'll bust it down this weekend and send it off monday.

looks like a fun project might i suggest that in this age of going green it be set up to run on E-85 just my $.02 worth

Sounds like a GREAT idea!! Anything you need a and locating or help with just let me know.

I think you guys might want to look into a TURBO. That's one of the easier ways to make it go.

sweet ill get ya a book...

and speaking of gas not to stray off subject but hows the float in your car doing mike?
It started working again after a fill up and still working. Thanks for asking.

looks like a fun project might i suggest that in this age of going green it be set up to run on E-85 just my $.02 worth
Thanks for the advice 340demon, Ethanol -85 ?:dontknow:

Here is a picture of the car, it is better then it looks in this picture.
Small Block has it at the shop now. and I seen it this weekend.

67%20valiant%2010-4-08.jpg

Pump gas may be a little far fetched. What ever it takes. Nitros? OK. 110 octane? OK. Tell us what we need. Wicked six. You look like you may have a clue. Tune us up. Is the 100 over realistic? It will be a track only car but needs to be dependable. BH block? What #'s are we looking for? and where?

Nice ! Wish it you guys were closer. If I can do anything let me know.

OOooo i can already see an altered wheel base with that ride and there light to begin with!
The Bh blocks are mid 70's blocks and have better castings witch alot for the silly boring. It is realistic if the block can take it, needs to be sonic checked. This will also save some money on the build since you will be able to run small block chevvey stuff, sucks but the stuff affourdable. Pump gas makes me cringe too because you will be looking at a big compression motor to make the power natrally asperated. Boost will put you into the numbers you want with less problems and better drivability.

TF

I see, well in between getting firewood and washing cars I guess I will be helping! It would be hard anyway since my 66 'cuda is in the next stall! I say bring it, we should be able to get lots of wood cutters and car washers to help around here!8)
Here is one pic of the car, motor is out and it has been disassembled a little more now. I say Paxton supercharger with intercooler on big four barrel.

67 Valiant 100 started.jpg

Don't forget head work it is vital to make alot of power with the slant, the best guy for head work is Mike Jefferys he's gone 10's in a slant. With a car very similar to the one you are working with!

TF

I see, well in between getting firewood and washing cars I guess I will be helping!

LMAO, thats the first thing that popped into my head when small block said you were helping even if you didnt know it! Too funny. Well now Im for sure going to have to get out your guys way before NATs.

How do we get hold of this Jefferys guy? Anyone else do any proven / head work? I've done some on my motors but give me some details.

The BH block will have a BH on the side of the block, look for any 73 and up slant. by the way the Drool tube heads are lighter than the later 5/8 plug heads ;)
Let me find his contact info i will P.M. you with it.

TF

-
Back