MeMike's cue

-

Rob

Reaction score
A little while ago Mike mentioned that he was going to eBay his cue to raise money for the trip Treva and him were going to go on. I figured I may as well go for it as I have a table and having another nice cue on the wall is always nice, especially one previously owned by our celebrity MeMike :-D Anyway I told Mike I'd take some pictures so he would know it's in a good home.:-D The pic has a Predator, Meucci, Falcon and MeMike's and a jump cue beside it. :-D It's in very good company and will be well taken care of :-D

DSC01621.jpg

Pardon the car parts, I'm in the middle of restoring a tow truck for my son and the pool room has become the overflow area

DSC01622.jpg

Mike's cue and my Predator (#69 of 150 made)

DSC01623.jpg

A pic of the bar I built in there

DSC00397.jpg

Me and my son so you can put a face to my name

DSC01523.jpg

HEY The Rat Bastards!!! They have had a booth at every show Ive gone to this year. Sweet pool room!

I like the Bar, and the Stump, VERY COOL! Nice cues too by the way.I have a collection of nice cues but always looking for another GREAT DEAL on another! LOL

Rob, nice score! Those Stricklands are really sweet. The last time I spoke with Mike he was at the store looking for a box to ship it to you in, and mentioned he was glad it was getting a good home.

It's obviously got that! That's a gorgeous room you have there. (I'm totally jealous ... it's been almost five years since I moved and had to leave my pool table behind in SoCal.)

Since you're all showing off your sticks, here's mine. The black graphite is a 22 oz. Cuetech that I use solely for breaking, and the other is my treasured McDermott Tournament Champions limited edition (#14 of 1000). After the tournament, they sent it back to the factory and had my name engraved in it.

Niiiiccce Room and and bar and a pass through window too.:love7:
Man!! Rob!! You have many great skills.
I am so glad you gave my old cue a great home, And thanks it did help allot
on the vacation.:cheers: Good to put a face with a name Rob.
If I ever visit Canada Your place sure would be nice to pull up a stump and enjoy good company.:-D:-D

Rob, nice score! Those Stricklands are really sweet. The last time I spoke with Mike he was at the store looking for a box to ship it to you in, and mentioned he was glad it was getting a good home.

It's obviously got that! That's a gorgeous room you have there. (I'm totally jealous ... it's been almost five years since I moved and had to leave my pool table behind in SoCal.)

Since you're all showing off your sticks, here's mine. The black graphite is a 22 oz. Cuetech that I use solely for breaking, and the other is my treasured McDermott Tournament Champions limited edition (#14 of 1000). After the tournament, they sent it back to the factory and had my name engraved in it.
I bet you showed a bunch of folks what a beautiful red head can do around the pool table Leanna, LLJ.:-D You sure can amaze me with your talents.
Nice cue's I bet that 22 oz could brake up a good rack.
I sure do remember talking to you that day..:love7:

Sweet McDermott Tournament Champions limited edition. Number 14 :cheers:

Thanks Mike! I just wish there were more places around here in BFE to play ... the only tables are 7 foot bar size (mere child's play LOL) and I gotta drive 14 miles to get to one of them. The closest 9 footers are a 35 mile round trip.

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to see we have some pool players here, especially one of the feminine persuasion :-D That's a great looking stick Leanna, McDermotts are fantastic cues. I always found those 7 foot tables you folks have down there odd to play on, we have 8 foot tables in the pubs here, mine is a 9 foot. I find it a lot easier to run out on a 9 foot than a 7 foot, not much clutter to deal with, you break on a 7 footer and it can come out a mess.

Well Mike if you ever find your way up to my neck of the woods you know you're always welcome, as are all of you. I'll have to bump into 360scamp one of these days, he can't be far if he knows the rat bastards, I met a few of them at the Munroe swap meet, good guys :-D

Here's some more pics of the bar and room, I built the stereo stand and whatnot into the back of it and a barfridge into the unit on the other side. As mentioned before the room is a mess at the moment and the fridge is currently empty but not to worry, the one in th shop is full :-D

Moparman wanted to see some pics of the tow truck, it's nothing special, 20 years old but pretty rotted and my son was worried about getting an inspection notice on it so he asked me to patch her up and paint it for him. It's getting there. WARNING, the pictures you will see below are of a Chevy, oh the horror :-D

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC00569-1.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

Both sides needed corners, rockers, parts of the floor and seat riser

DSC01044.jpg

Shot bedliner for the floor

DSC01272.jpg

Cab all done
DSC01329.jpg

DSC01361.jpg

Working on the doors and hood at the moment

Oooooooooooh ooooooooooh, I see a 9 ball rack! And snooker balls?!?!?!?! And holy cow, there's some wall plaque trophies too!!!! Rob, you're definitely a guy after my own heart, and it's obvious you're more than just a casual shooter. Maybe it's time to have the First Annual FABO 9-Ball Invitational!!!! LOL

Beautiful work on the room Rob. Thanks for sharing! (I'd love to see a close up of those trophies.)

It sure sounds like you'd like the room Leanna, it was a bedroom and rec room when I bought the house, I knocked out the wall and put a steel beam in so I could have a big enough space for the table and bar. I don't play a lot of snooker on it, mostly 8 or 9 ball although I don't play much of anything on it anymore, my neck and back don't like it anymore so it's pretty occasional. I started playing very young, about 8 and played in Div A league for 25 years before packing it in a few years back. Most of the tropies are team ones from the league, won numerous championships and about 5 or 6 Provincial all star team championships as well. Played the BCA in Vegas a couple times too, that is a lot of fun, over 10,000 players and close to a million in prize money. Here's a few pics of those trophies, hope nobody things I'm blowing my own horn and as the saying goes, the older I get the better I was :-D I did play singles tournaments as well and had some good outings but I found the team play a lot of fun and besides it's easier to win if you surround yourself with great players :-D

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

I have a bunch of these
DSC01634.jpg

NO WONDER that picture of you looks so familiar!!!!!! I met you in Vegas at one of the BCA events. I just never imagined that you'd travel so far to play so I didn't ask. That is too cool, and it's such a small world. Wow!

It sounds like our 'pool roots' are similar too ("hey, you're too young to see over the table," then bar leagues, local tourneys, BCA, etc.). After winning a tournament in San Diego that included a qualifying spot to the WPBA World Open Billiards Championships in Santa Rosa, California in 1999, I was pretty much forced to turn pro (couldn't play if I didn't sign the contract). The rest, as they say, is history. In 2003, I moved to the New Orleans area, then Katrina hit in 2005. [I would've given a long list of my WPBA comrades in response to DartThis's "Jesse James" thread yesterday, but figured none of you guys would know who those ladies were. LOL]

We moved up here to the sticks almost two years ago. There's a little local beer joint that has a tournament every Thursday night, but the owner apparently watched ESPN and knew right off who I was. Wouldn't even let me open up my case. "Oh, no way! You aren't playin! By the way, can I get an autograph??" LOL

Thanks for bringing back some great memories. It seems like a whole lifetime ago now, things have changed so much. I sure do miss it though.

Looks like I'll have to look you up next time that I'm down Island, Rob.

My stick is nothing special, just a Viking, and I certainly don't have the resume that you have, but I do love a good game of 9-Ball. That's what we play down at the local pub on Sunday's, cause the table is free.

Oh, and that is a beautiful room that you built there.

Wow, you have got to be kidding, are you sure that's me you're thinking of? I played there in and around 1999 - 2001 as I recall and it isn't all that far from where I live, I'm in Canada but really close to Seatlle so it's about a 3 hour flight. You have quite the track record there young lady, no wonder they wouldn't let you play :-D I miss it too but I've got a coulpe of herniated discs and getting down over a cue for any length of time isn't good.

Jeez, remind me not to shoot pool with any of you, lol. Life is tough enough without getting slaughtered on the table.

I was asked to join a local league again after shooting some stick with some guys from work this past week. I had to turn it down for two reasons:

1. One the bars on the circuit 86'd me like ten years ago and still won't let me in.

2. It would take too much time away from my mopar projects and dog.

Ramcharger - 10 years ago and they still won't let you in? Talk about holding a grudge. I won't ask why :-D

Comoxian - if you're coming down this way PM me and we'll get together or I may bump into you up your way, we have a cabin near Parksville and I'm planning on taking in the show in Courtenay in July

Just for a bar fight? Right or wrong you'd be back in within a week or two here :-D

Just for a bar fight? Right or wrong you'd be back in within a week or two here :-D

In Chicago too, lol! Things are little different out in the western US. Lot's of religious right out here. I remember when I first moved to Colorado, me and my girlfriend figured we'd go hit the town and have some fun.

We got cut off in like two hours, lol! We were just getting started and everyone was just having fun. ****, I'd have to be sleeping on the bar to get cut off in Chi-town. Oh well, I was partying too much back then anyway and probably did need to mellow out some, lol! :cheers:

-
Back