Met a legend?

-

walkintree

Reaction score
Gordie "240 Gordie" Bonin.

'Gordie was an unknown Canadian rookie when driving a Vega, he took runner-up at the NHRA Nationals to Ed McCulloch. Bonin's next big move came in '75 when Bubble Up came on board as a sponsor and he won the Div 6 flopper title, he did not relinquish the remainder of the '70's! His first NHRA National event win came at the '77 Gatornationals, the same season he earned the nickname "240 Gordie" for his consistent 240mph performance. Bonin's best seson was 1979 when he won 3 NHRA National events to include the '79 NHRA Nationals, joined the 5 second club at Indy with a 5.97 and finished 3rd overall in NHRA points.'

Nice guy. Gave me a card from whence i got all that info. Even though he did al that in a Chevy... It coulda been worse. Coulda been a ford...

I remember back in the early eighties I had a 71 340 demon. Cam, headwork, 4.56 gear 4 spd. Well was out riding around and stopped at a light next to Tom "the Mongoose" McEwen driving a new corvette. I gave him a chance and let him leave first, then smoked his ***.

-
Back