Met an old timer today

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
... Met a man today at the shop I work at. He pulled up In a 63 valiant . Original everything . Slant 6 with the push button trans original hub caps small cosmetic stuff .was a 4 door none the less way cool he's 84 years old and has been driving that car for the last 49 years as his daily. Over 400k on the odometer.. He said "I told my kids I have 16 more years and when I go they're gonna have to bury a huge hole in the ground cause the valiant is coming with me " haha really nice man and cool car ..thought id share

Cool old dude. His kids should grant him his wishes. What a nice way to go.........in his Valiant.

Cool,I'd say he's earned it,talking about loyalty and still a daily driver,cant get much better than that,I tip my hat and salute him...

Cool story, did you see the recent one where a guy was buried with his Harley.

Cool to meet him in person! Just shows how the Valiant is a much better car than a Falcon or Chevy II.

that reminds me of the old joke, I want to go like my grandpa, in his sleep.....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers that were with him when he crashed"

Cool to see anyone with the same car for 49 years and still running.

Great.

Cool to see anyone with the same car for 49 years and still running.

Great.

Not sure if I'll make it to that point, but I'm still driving the '73 D100 I bought new so we're coming up on 41 years together, and I have no plans to ever part with it.

I would've but we have a no phone rule at our shop lol

Where I work is like that....No phones, no radio's of any sort, no seats/chairs, must fill out a "Take 5" for everything you do, even mopping the floor, must fill out a "Lift Plan" to use a 1,000kg (2,200 lb) SWL fibre round sling to lift a 40 lb object, must fill out a "Hot Work Permit" to use an angle grinder or shrink wrapping an OHT Wheel End......etc.
It's getting worse by the week.

Cudos to the old guy for sticking with it.
Wish you had some pics.
He should be here on FABO with the stories he could tell...........

Where I work is like that....No phones, no radio's of any sort, no seats/chairs, must fill out a "Take 5" for everything you do, even mopping the floor, must fill out a "Lift Plan" to use a 1,000kg (2,200 lb) SWL fibre round sling to lift a 40 lb object, must fill out a "Hot Work Permit" to use an angle grinder or shrink wrapping an OHT Wheel End......etc.

Damn no radio?? That's tough we have a shop radio play all kinds of music definitely not that strict at our shop luckily lol

Damn what kind of place do you work at? Do you have to hold your hand up to go to the crapper? Or maybe fill out a take 5 form ?

Bad ***,sounds like a typical /6 owner. Wish I never sold my 72 Swinger.

Damn that sounds like North Korea...lol

300,000 miles. How many oil changes? brake shoes,ball joints,fuel pumps. That's what I wanna know. Holy crap.

-
Back