Met Some Members @ Carlisle

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Carlisle was fantastic yesterday! The swap area was the biggest I've seen in a while with an unbelievable amout of A body parts for sale! Three years ago I can remember asking about A body parts and getting laughed at.... :shock: Maybe A bodies are getting popular because eveyone else is tired of Road Runners & Challengers overrunning every show? :D

The show field (OK,the A BODY field....) was full of very nice cars. I even saw an LL1 turquiose `68 Barracuda! Now I have a good idea of what my car will look like finished, instead of being the cover car for shitbox monthly :tongue:

As for A Body board members I only met 3, Whitey, ABodyJoe, & Sweet69. I'm sure there were others. I had my A Body shirt hanging off my belt loop most of the day since it was beautiful out and I caught a nice tan. I spent some time talking with Eric (Whitey) as soon as I walked in and met up with Joe & 69 later in the day. ( BTW Joe, I bought a new MSD distributor @ Mancini's) Nice people :thumleft:

I also saw a neat project for cheap in the car corral: A mid'`60's A-100 panel van without any side doors, just the front & rear doors... It looked decent, and at $2,000 it was mighty tempting. But I know what the wife would have said... :eye:

All in all, a great day out. It was nice meeting everyone!

I was there....Friday and Saturday..sadily didn't run into anyone from the board. I even had my dually on the grounds for a while to pick up my hood and top secret purchases.

I did get 2 new clients. How is this for odds.....I found a open space on the fence to park my dually once inside the grounds. I get out and someone yells my first name. I have Sledgehammer Motorsports on my back window of the dually. I turn around and I don't see anyone....and this guy yells my name again. I see him yelling and I am thinking...who is this....and I think...maybe someone from the board.

It is a guy I have been talking with on the computer for 4 years and never have met. I just happen to park in front of his space. Mike Stark from CFM Performance and Cylinder Heads. It was a pleasure to chat with him for 2 hours.

I didnt go but I did meet Joe and Fine69 at Englisg town aswell as MikelBeck.

fastbackcuda said:
I didnt go but I did meet Joe and Fine69 .....

I screwed-up. I'm sorry I've been calling you Sweet69. Brain fade....

Every now and then the 80's come back to haunt me.... :drunken:

Yea, only person I saw from the site was fastbback340. I was parked outside gate 1, on the street about 50 feet toward the Hess station direction. I was by myself so it was easy to cover the area a couple of times, ended up leaving around 1:30, but I was in line before the gates opened, had a good time, I missed the Eastwood tent, wanted to pick up a few things-good thing I work a hop/skip and a jump away from there. Quite a few Gen Lee's. Can't wait for next year!

I screwed-up. I'm sorry I've been calling you Sweet69.

FastBack340...that is okay...I like to think I am sweet and fine...lol.

It was nice meeting you....glad you got some nice presents...picked up a few things myself.

It is always nice to meet board members and put faces with names....hopefully there will be some members at Nats this year....Abodyjoe and I will be heading to Ohio in Aug....

NICE pictures Ron ! Thanx for posting them :thumrigh:

:) I was there. Spent Friday and Saturday. Went up there with the intention of buying quarter skins for the barracuda. Got um and an ammeter and a repro hood orniment. All in all, it was a wonderful time for me as this was my first Carlisle. Hoping to have my ride in the fun field next year.

-
Back