metal on metal sound?!

-

valianteffrt

Reaction score
i finally got my /6 '72 valiant back on the road and noticed a metal on metal rubbing sound coming from the rear drivers side as i was going down the road..all i have done on that side is take off the tire to bleed out the brakes..i have a long drive ahead of me and don't want to take it back out until i figure it out...any ideas guys?

Jack up the wheel and give it a spin. Maybe you can find the culprit that way. This could be a few things.

i will do that magnumdart..im just puzzled because it was not doing that before i simply took the tire off..could it be anything major that keeps me off the road? going to diagnose this now

Check the shoe lining. Maybe bleeding brought it back in service. Make sure lug holes are not rounded, nuts torqued right. Is backing plate bent somehow from jacking the car?

Check the shoe lining. Maybe bleeding brought it back in service. Make sure lug holes are not rounded, nuts torqued right. Is backing plate bent somehow from jacking the car?

make sure lug holes are not rounded? what?

I took it apart and i didnt see any gravel AJ or any other outside debris...i concluded that it is probably an internal issue like the bearing when i was spinning the wheel around magnumdart..thank you guys for your feedback!

-
Back