methanol injection

-
If you get a chance and time could you take a pic of your meth injection setup and post it? Im going to do the same.Except maybe a cam head work and aussie intake

Washer bottle holds meth. Pump is in inner fender, Nozzle is in pipe leading to carb hat. It is nickle in color with a black hose going into a red fitting.

24dh89v.jpg

Not sure how this is going to help you on a NA gasoline engine.

What is your intended purpose for the Meth Injection?
Frank
to cool my A/F mixture. since the exhaust manifold is so close to the intake manifold it heats up the air fuel mixture before it even enters the combustion chamber, to me thats a waste, the air becomes wayyyy let dense, which means a power decrease. it may not cool as much as i am hoping, but it would still give a performance increase.

I have a new unit to sell if you are interested.

so you burn the meth? i thought u mostly sprayed it ON the intercooler i need to read up more on the whole meth stuff lol

to cool my A/F mixture. since the exhaust manifold is so close to the intake manifold it heats up the air fuel mixture before it even enters the combustion chamber, to me thats a waste, the air becomes wayyyy let dense, which means a power decrease. it may not cool as much as i am hoping, but it would still give a performance increase.

Have you thought about a heat shield or a ceramic coating? Or header wrap?
Yes you can use it on a NA engine.. you just don't get as much of a benefit.

There are better ways to do the A/F cooling. The BEST way is to bring fresh air into the intake from outside the hood. Most people in the know will run a fresh air hose from the bottom of the grill or even under the front bumper. Others use a functioning hood scoop. Problem there is its not easy to get the cooler air in without having a hood scoop that is 3 foot tall (LOL) Other ways includes a fan forced system to get the hot air out from under the hood.
As all ready stated use headers wrap or coating and a heat shield, Then cool air in , THEN Meth Injection.
Frank

There are better ways to do the A/F cooling. The BEST way is to bring fresh air into the intake from outside the hood. Most people in the know will run a fresh air hose from the bottom of the grill or even under the front bumper. Others use a functioning hood scoop. Problem there is its not easy to get the cooler air in without having a hood scoop that is 3 foot tall (LOL) Other ways includes a fan forced system to get the hot air out from under the hood.
As all ready stated use headers wrap or coating and a heat shield, Then cool air in , THEN Meth Injection.
Frank

yeah i am going to figure out a way to get lots of air into the engine bay without using a hood scoop. besides from the grill of course

yeah i am going to figure out a way to get lots of air into the engine bay without using a hood scoop. besides from the grill of course

So what is this in?

The way water/meth. injection works is the water stabilizes the A/F mixture and prevents detonation so you can make more power by turning up the boost and ignition timing. For just the cooling effect you should use straight distilled water. because you don't need the high octane fuel like methanol. It does provide an evaporateive cooling measure... But not a whole lot.

And how hot does it get in the summertime?

-
Back