Meziere water pump

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
I picked up a meziere water electric water pump from my uncle to put into my stock housing, its the heavy duty unit that flows 43 gallons per minute, I was wondering if anyone has used one and how good did it cool? It will be on a street strip car and I also picked up an electric fan to use as a puller to go along with it

I picked up a meziere water electric water pump from my uncle to put into my stock housing, its the heavy duty unit that flows 43 gallons per minute, I was wondering if anyone has used one and how good did it cool? It will be on a street strip car and I also picked up an electric fan to use as a puller to go along with it

keep us posted on the results, always wondered about those !

I can't tell you about the Meziere pump but I have been running a CVR electric pump in my car for a couple years with no issues. You can't run a thermostat. Take the thermostat out and cut the guts out of it and put it back into place as a restrictor plate.

I can't tell you about the Meziere pump but I have been running a CVR electric pump in my car for a couple years with no issues. You can't run a thermostat. Take the thermostat out and cut the guts out of it and put it back into place as a restrictor plate.

I don't have a tstat in it right now, but curious why can't you run one?

Same. My CVR has been in service for over a decade of street use.

You can gut a stat as said or buy their restriction ring kit. It has 3 sizes.

I run the meziere pump for several years now in my Scamp. I have not had any issues. I do run a thermostat. I really like having it set up on a manual switch. I can cool my car down on hot days at the track with electric fans. You can see part of the pump in the picture.

Attachments

• eng1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 340
I run the meziere pump for several years now in my Scamp. I have not had any issues. I do run a thermostat. I really like having it set up on a manual switch. I can cool my car down on hot days at the track with electric fans. You can see part of the pump in the picture.

I was going to do the same, run it to a toggle to be able to control it, also would it be best to wire the electric fan to a toggle or a sensor to come on/off at certain temps?

Run the fans off a of thermostat sensor. You are not suppose to run a thermostat with a electric water pump because it dead heads the pump. I also found that they run cooler with no t stat and just running the restrictor.

Run the fans off a of thermostat sensor. You are not suppose to run a thermostat with a electric water pump because it dead heads the pump. I also found that they run cooler with no t stat and just running the restrictor.

Thanks, i never use t stats but was just wondering, in my dads car I used no thermostat with aluminum water pump, belt driven flex fan with no shroud, and a champion 3 core radiator. And during the hot summer months, even at the track never once has seen over 180*.

I just put one on a 416 with 2 HD electric fans with the temp outside at 65 and with just one fan on it can't even get to 165 just sitting in garage.

Attachments

• 20151225_172803.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 236

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it turns out, ittl be about a week or so before I get a chance to work on it

Ok.. I just read this. Asked the same question in my 72 build thread. I am seeing conflicting answers here.

I forgot, my Dart isn't running a thermostat just a small plate with a 3/4 in hole.

-
Back