MIA

-
What happened to @Rat Bastid? Only been a month and a half since his last post and he has been on since then, but radio silence from him seems unusual.

I've got him on facebook, he's still alive and just had the Dart out at the Mopar nationals.
Yeah, a lot of members are turning to Facebook, instead of being modded to death. I mean, I know they gotta job to do and all but sometimes it seems like it goes a little far sometimes.

They banned him. I think for good this time.

Last time he was on was August 14th, so I would guess it was just a vacation. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time he was banned, so...

Yeah, a lot of members are turning to Facebook, instead of being modded to death. I mean, I know they gotta job to do and all but sometimes it seems like it goes a little far sometimes.

I can't stand FB for this stuff. Try going back and looking info up on there. Just stuff stacked on stuff and no easy way to filter through it. Feels like a great place for someone with a short attention span, but sucks if you want to figure something out on your own. And the answers to questions there often times seem to be far from good ones.

And I suspect the moderators would work less if people would learn some manners. People seem to have lost the idea of respect and how to reasonably dialog about things they disagree with. Toss in the snowflake mentality and both sides go to flame mode before the first post. And reading comprehension (or the lack of it) only makes it all worse. I suspect that if people would start acting like 1950's adults we wouldn't hardly need moderators.

What's weird to me is I have had plenty of disagreements with people, Rat/YR being one close to the top of the list, and yet I have never been banned or given a vacation. Not to say I am perfect, only to say it is possible to exist here without running up against the mod's.

Ok, rant off.

Last time he was on was August 14th, so I would guess it was just a vacation. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time he was banned, so...

I can't stand FB for this stuff. Try going back and looking info up on there. Just stuff stacked on stuff and no easy way to filter through it. Feels like a great place for someone with a short attention span, but sucks if you want to figure something out on your own. And the answers to questions there often times seem to be far from good ones.

And I suspect the moderators would work less if people would learn some manners. People seem to have lost the idea of respect and how to reasonably dialog about things they disagree with. Toss in the snowflake mentality and both sides go to flame mode before the first post. And reading comprehension (or the lack of it) only makes it all worse. I suspect that if people would start acting like 1950's adults we wouldn't hardly need moderators.

What's weird to me is I have had plenty of disagreements with people, Rat/YR being one close to the top of the list, and yet I have never been banned or given a vacation. Not to say I am perfect, only to say it is possible to exist here without running up against the mod's.

Ok, rant off.
I don't disagree. They do a good job as far as keeping people in check. Lord knows there more of us than them. It's a thankless job for sure. I just think it's taken a little far sometimes. Nobody's perfect.

We are quite careful who we send on vacation. There is usually name calling, threats, constant disrespect, fraudulent practices, or the like, towards the members here and staff. And of course the spammers get booted right away. Joey wants a smooth running website where everyone want's to hang out and talk about their cars. We are all in the hobby, different levels, and have different opinions. Most of the issues we have around these forums are not car related but threads like this one. Nothing to do with about your Mopar but all to do with opinions, religion, or news and politics. That's where most of the problems lie.

Last edited:
Most of the issues we have around these forums are not car related but threads like this one. Nothing to do with about your Mopar but all to do with opinions, religion, or news and politics. That's where most of the problems lie.

In a past life, I was invited to be a Moderator on an audio site that shall remain nameless, and if memory serves it took me all of a week to say, "Thanks, but no thanks!" due to posts in the "general discussion" forums similar to the ones you call-out above. (If'n y'all think you don't get along here, you should try the High End Audio forums! Uff-da!)

Anyway, Life's too short, and my hat's off to anyone who has the patience to take-on this responsibility.

With regards to "past members", some sites I frequent (both past and present) will lock the account in perpetuity for deceased members, and let the others just fade away, as it were.

Last edited:
I might be back. Depends on how I feel about forums vs FB. Plus after 9 years of letting the cuda kind of sit in limbo not really driving it I kind of want to get it better. Since I finished working on the engine rebuild it's been "good enough" but now that the miami beater is running again I need something else to do and I've been banned from fixing the buell right now. Gotta sneak in another project eventually.

I want to post it here, too. @Ironracer has been MIA for some time now. I had his number, as we chatted from time to time, but his number is no longer in service. If anyone knows him please try and check in on him. He is in the Tampa area.

I want to post it here, too. @Ironracer has been MIA for some time now. I had his number, as we chatted from time to time, but his number is no longer in service. If anyone knows him please try and check in on him. He is in the Tampa area.
I was thinking the same thing, hope he’s ok.

I was thinking the same thing, hope he’s ok.
Me too. He's good people. When Kitty had her fall earlier this year and I was sittin in the ER for hours, he kept hittin me on my cell phone to make sure I was ok.

The last time he was on was right before the hurricane.

They banned him. I think for good this time.
It will be hard to keep Tim away, he has multiple personalities. jk
I need to get over to see him, we never met but we've chatted a bit, he lives a couple hundred miles west of me.

-
Back