Michigan- Recommendations for Best Engine Builder

-

Franko

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I live in Jackson Michigan. I had a bad experience with an engine builder/machine shop in the Detroit area and I need to get my 340 short block rebuilt again. Are there any recommendations for a quality and reputable engine builder and machine shop within a couple hours drive (maybe even in northern Ohio)?

Thank you for any recommendations.

I live in Jackson Michigan. I had a bad experience with an engine builder/machine shop in the Detroit area and I need to get my 340 short block rebuilt again. Are there any recommendations for a quality and reputable engine builder and machine shop within a couple hours drive (maybe even in northern Ohio)?

Thank you for any recommendations.

I have a great guy near Detroit Metro Airport that is retired Chrysler engine plant worker that does a great job at reasonable rates... I have a couple of members here that have used him if you need recommendation... @66 CUDA @Eddie348

The guy does great head work out of his garage and has been doing my heads for 20 years (I build my own engines)... He has mill and lathe in his garage and connections to block machine work if needed...

He will even let you come over and assemble the engine with him...

PM me if you are interested in his contact info...

Too bad that Mike is no longer in the business, he did a great job on my 408.

Good luck

I always use Auto Parts Machine Shop in Ann Arbor. He's been doing mine, and every mopar guy in the area for years now! Contact Darrel there, he knows his Mopars, and the prices are very reasonable. Also, he does the work in a timely manner, no Machine Shop jail time!!

-
Back