Mickey thompson 440 six pack finned valve covers wtw??

-

kent spaulding

spauldo
Reaction score
I found these while digging through my storage the other day. I guess I can't recall ever seeing another set? Looking to part with but have know idea of what $$ amount to put on them??

Truth be reveiled. These are definately emblems that have been adhered to these valve covers and a base and clear cat applied (in gloss black) They are just way too cool, so if I can't get $300 for the set with F/S these will stay in my hoard.

I would put F*^*ing Cool on them!! Dang man, that is some awesome garage art if anything. You sure you dont want to hold onto them.. Is the 440 Six Pack lettering cast into the cover??

Oh and I have never seen anything like that myself either..

Cool covers, looks like someone glued 440 six pack emblems on them :glasses7:

I would put F*^*ing Cool on them!! Dang man, that is some awesome garage art if anything. You sure you dont want to hold onto them.. Is the 440 Six Pack lettering cast into the cover??

Oh and I have never seen anything like that myself either..

Sure looks like it's cast in, you can see the relief from the back!! Awesome!! Geof

I will have to dig into these a bit and see if they are truely cast in or emblems? I can not find these anywhere on the net. I just received the pictures only today from my good friend and co- owner of my storage locker. I believe that I could read a part number of 140-88B on one and 140-88R on the other.

Definitely cool garage art! The six pack looks straight but the 440 looks cockeyed......dibs if you really wanna sell them,LOL

Definitely cool garage art!

That's only what I would use them for.

When we first got our 70 b-body, we put a set of M//T valve covers on it. They leaked oil to where it would smoke off the exhaust manifolds. We changed the gaskets a few times and still not sealed.... :banghead:

Kept changing gaskets... Went to a meet and asked around... Someone told us to try Fel-pro neoprene gaskets... Still leaked.... :finga:

"Word on the street" was that the M/T covers were junk and to pitch them.

We bought a set of stamped steel chrome covers, and they sealed first time.... :cheers:

Pitched the M/T's....

And yes, those are not factory, someone put the emblems on a set of regular M/T valve covers. They are worth what a set of M/T big block valve covers go for plus a few bucks for the emblems...

MrGasket brand cork gaskets always worked best for me on BB mopar M/T valve covers.
It was like they were made just for them. Glue them right to the covers and let cure before
installing.
Not sure if you can still get them these days.

Those are the same emblems as the hood of a '70 Challenger. They knocked the pins off the back of the emblems, and glued them on. The raised up pads are on all of the M/T valve covers. Sometimes, people actually get stuff engraved on that pad. I have several sets, and they are all like that.

MrGasket brand cork gaskets always worked best for me on BB mopar M/T valve covers.
It was like they were made just for them. Glue them right to the covers and let cure before
installing.
Not sure if you can still get them these days.

This. The Mr.G thick cork v.c. gaskets, seal damn near anything. Nice valve covers, for sure.

That's only what I would use them for.

When we first got our 70 b-body, we put a set of M//T valve covers on it. They leaked oil to where it would smoke off the exhaust manifolds. We changed the gaskets a few times and still not sealed.... :banghead:

Kept changing gaskets... Went to a meet and asked around... Someone told us to try Fel-pro neoprene gaskets... Still leaked.... :finga:

"Word on the street" was that the M/T covers were junk and to pitch them.

We bought a set of stamped steel chrome covers, and they sealed first time.... :cheers:

Pitched the M/T's....

never had a single leak from the M/Ts on my 340

-
Back