Mickey Thompson ET Street

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Who runs these on there car on the street and what do you think of them? I attached a photo of what im talking about.

Size 3757 28X13.50-15LT 28 M5 9555 10 13.2 11.0 28.0 88 Will these fit? I plan to do a mini tub then cut the rear to fit my 3.5 reverse off set cragars

well i have a 31 10.50 under my car. they are in a 12 inch wide wheel, and have a total width of just over 13 inches. and they fit, but i have never driven on them, as we just got the wheels and tires mocked up to check the wheel tubs for clearance we wtill need to build tha rear.

Ive ran them and find them to do pretty good on the street. Dont drive with them in the rain. Also you would need to run tubes with them.

I run the ET STREETS on my wagon now. They are okay but i would get the radials. They will hook better at the track and you wont have to run tubes.

True,with the drag radials you won,t need tubes.Here,s a pic of my Hoosier 29-12-15 on Weld ProStars 15x12,s.I,ve done the minitub and aslo had my rear shortened to 46 1/2 inches(a-body size is 52 5/8)so 3 inches from both sides.These are tight,but will roll the lip cause I don,t want any cutting into the tire.Good luck Josh.
View attachment 177787

View attachment 177788

View attachment 177789

Well hopefully they fit. I plan to cut the rear to complement the back space. I believe I may but them just to get going. Once I get it together and discover I dont like them I can always upgrade later but for $175 for a nearly new set.

Just curious as to how much room I will have.

We have them on one of our cars. Just put them on.
Be aware that you may have runout issues with them and also may have a difficult time to balance them.

check out this thread, it may help you.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=114416

On our 71 Scamp we have the 28x12.5x15 ET Streets and they clear. The car is mini-tubed with inboard springs.
We just took off a set of Sportsman Pro that had a section width of 13.5 and 29" tall (approx., can't remember the exact section width but very close to the 13.5") and they rubbed when going around corners or if somebody was in the back seat of the car. The inside of the wheel well has a kick-out portion that hit the tire. If you have the same thing flatten it out. Also roll the wheel well lip, you will need it. The tire was also rubbing on the inside up against the fuel line that is attached to the frame on the drivers side.

onig

I run the ET STREETS on my wagon now. They are okay but i would get the radials. They will hook better at the track and you wont have to run tubes.

I ran both the radials and the et streets at monster mopar this past weekend and I Actually found the et streets to hook better for me. with the radials my 60 ft was a 1.75 and with the et streets it was a 1.53 I was losing that much off the line due to spinning with the radials.

We have them on one of our cars. Just put them on.
Be aware that you may have runout issues with them and also may have a difficult time to balance them.

check out this thread, it may help you.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=114416

On our 71 Scamp we have the 28x12.5x15 ET Streets and they clear. The car is mini-tubed with inboard springs.
We just took off a set of Sportsman Pro that had a section width of 13.5 and 29" tall (approx., can't remember the exact section width but very close to the 13.5") and they rubbed when going around corners or if somebody was in the back seat of the car. The inside of the wheel well has a kick-out portion that hit the tire. If you have the same thing flatten it out. Also roll the wheel well lip, you will need it. The tire was also rubbing on the inside up against the fuel line that is attached to the frame on the drivers side.

onig

Yeah the 28x12.5 according to the Mickey Thompson website is only 1/2 in smaller then the 13.5. Ive heard of rolling the wheel lip but really dont know what that means.

Rolling the wheel lip can be done with a round(dowel)piece of wood.You fit it in the wheel well against the tire and lip,roll the car forward and it will bent the lip/edge up and in.This is to give more clearance for the tire when cornering or added weight(passengers)in the backseat.Or you can just cut the lip off,which will give you close to 1/2 to 3/4 inch more room.:read2:

Are you looking for just a strip tire or a street tire. Hoosier QTP's HOOK on the street!!!!! The M/T E.T. Streets really dont hook on the street.

Pettybludart....Are those Hoosiers slicks or the radials??

Are you looking for just a strip tire or a street tire. Hoosier QTP's HOOK on the street!!!!! The M/T E.T. Streets really dont hook on the street.

Actually Im looking for a street/strip tire. I need a set so I can have my rear end cut to spec. I also want to use them for a bit while I save for a better set down the road.

i run these tires on my 71 Scamp. Except I have 28 x 13.50s. I drive it on the street and down the track. I only run 26 PSI on the street. So you have to watch you do not over inflate them.

These are slicks for track only 29-12-15,s on a 12 inch rim.My rear is 46 1/2 inches. 3 inches off each side,these rims are 12 inch with 5.5 b.space.

-
Back