Midnight Express

-
i don't think they were. pretty sure they were something a dealer slapped together..

No sir. They were Chrysler. Only reason I know anything at all about them is because I used to have a friend in Gray who collected all those trucks. Little Reds, Midnight Expresses, Warlocks, Petty kit cars...Aspen R/Ts, Plymouth Super Coupes.....if it was cool and from the 70s he probably had it. He had a green Warlock with a factory 440. Super rare truck. He had two Midnight Express trucks. Sadly, after his death, his family fought tooth and nail over his estate up to and including all of his cars. It was a real nasty scene.

i don't think they were. pretty sure they were something a dealer slapped together..

I can tell you one that was a dealer option. The Gold Nugget Express. They were kinda cool. Google them.

I've emailed Cliff Gromer at Mopar Action about the Midnight, and Gold Nugget Express trucks (and the Liberace Express, in case they came in white). I requested that they do an article to clear it up. We'll see!

@abodyjoe you might be right. I've been searchin this all day and I've found both where they were factory trucks and dealer options.....so who da hell knows? One of those "never say never" things again I guess.

Heres pics of a 440 Warlock at Moparfest 2018. Sorry I thought It was a Midnite Express.

20180819_142248.jpg

20180819_142301.jpg

1978 Midnight Express was a special model sold only in California

Not so , I saw one in Tulsa back in the day---they came out after the red express to my recolection ,And were 440`s .
The only thing I remember was people wanted more power than the 340`s were putting out. Were VERY FEW ACTUALLY BUILT , I WANTED ONE AT THE TIME , BUT $$$ WAS TITE .

-
Back