Milodon Gear Drives ?

-

71dart

Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a Milodon gear drive in my 360. I have followed the directions (I thinks). I plan on running a stock fuel pump, the directions say shorten the eccentric 1/4",, My problem is where does this eccentric bolt to? The cam gear installed leaves no room for the fuel pump eccentric to bolt to! Anyone install a smallblock gear drive and had this problem? PLEASE Help

Thanks

Mike

The eccentric bolts to the cam in the same set up as u had the stock chain,the new cam gear slides over the cam the same way the chain gear did
MIKE

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
The eccentric bolts to the cam in the same set up as u had the stock chain,the new cam gear slides over the cam the same way the chain gear did
MIKE

I must have missed something because when I slide it all together the cam is flush with the new gear and there is no place for the eccentric to connect to the keyway on the cam. Any thoughts?

i dont think that yur car is diff then mine was so?let me see,u got all the backing plate on right with the hole drilled an taped?the u slide the cam gear onto the cam,then the eccentric witch i hope u had cut down,then the cam bolt an washer,is this how its set up?
MIKE

The eccentric doesnt need to be with the keyway it's just torqed down with the cam bolt
MIKE

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
The eccentric doesnt need to be with the keyway it's just torqed down with the cam bolt
MIKE
You mean the only thing keeping the eccentric from turning is the bolt tightened really tight?

WhiteZombie
Are you running the gear drive now in your Dart?
How did you keep the eccentric located in the center of the cam ?

yes i still run the gear drive an it kicks *** but Im not running the stock pump anymore,i run an elec pump now i got the geardrive used off my dads old 318 we had in the shed so i put it on not knowing that the eccentric needed to be cut down then i put the cover on an cracked it luckly i have a few of them lyin around,an that pretty much pissed me off an at the time i was wanting to do a fuel cell so i said why not just do the elec pump aswell,as far as how i had it mounted,like i said above that same way an if i recall the hole that the cam bolt goes throught is at an offset so it only goes on one waythen u just torqe it to specs an yur good to go
MIKE

Ya there pretty loud i hope u hav some loud exhaust i can barley here mine at idle with my cam in the 318 an the Moroso mufflers,but its still one of the coolest things ive ever heard its just one of them things that makes me fell like my car is bad *** an i gets all the atention around town
MIKE

an a side note be very carefull putting on the roller bearings with on the back of the cam gear i had it fall out on me when i was tighning the gear down an then went through hell an back a few times trying to find a new bearing
MIKE

-
Back