milodon oil pump and external oiling questions.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I am in the process of gathering the smaller bits for my new stroker build. I am looking into oiling now. I will be running the milodon road race oil pan. they offer the pan with a built in pickup with screen and external oil port. I like this idea because i can use the larger dia. 12AN hose and get more supply volume to the pump.

I like these two pieces.

Milodon Billet Aluminum Big Block Chrysler Oil Pumps 21814

and the cover with the rear facing inlet.

do i then just put a pipe plug in the internal pick up tube port in the bottom of the block?

what about oil drain back? would the filter be sufficient in holding oil in the pump?

You put a pipe plug in the block. Make sure you Loctite it. You will have a very hard time running the pump and cover if you are running motor mounts. I like the Milodon pump with the built in front facing oil inlet.

You put a pipe plug in the block. Make sure you Loctite it. You will have a very hard time running the pump and cover if you are running motor mounts. I like the Milodon pump with the built in front facing oil inlet.

I have the HDK tubular front suspension. I have a mile of room around my oil pump.

I'm using that pump on my 493" stroker with the isame pan, internal 1/2" pick-up and block oiling mods. It takes less power to spin and makes my bronze dist gear last longer.

So your using a motor plate then? If so then you would be ok otherwise the motor mount is in the way. I always use the 21815 Milodon pump.

I have a new 21814 pump that I can make you a deal on if you're interested. Ended up with an extra when a customer changed their mind.

-
Back