Milodon pan clearance

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Is anyone running a Milodon part#30930 7 quart pan on their big block? It is said to fit A-bodies, but there`s no relief for the idler arm/ drag link. Does the pan have to be massaged to fit? Thanks.

Mrmopartech said:
it comes dowm to this.Either massage the pan,or do a grinding mod to the center link abit to avoid the hitting,Mrmopartech

So this pan is not unlike every other pan out there?

LOL, you didnt put it on backwards right?

Jk.. no idea..

how bad is it restricting?

I imagine it`ll need the same relief as a 187 or 699 style pan. I don`t know how they can advertise it as fitting an A-body without any relief in the pan? I guess they mean it`ll fit once you`ve spent hours with a hammer on it.

I don't know if I have a freak or something, but the 383 is in my duster with a nice stock flat pan. My car is an original 72 340 car. The motor is mounted with an actual Direct Connection big block K member and motor mounts. I don't know what number is on my pan but it did have a front and rear baffle in it. Full lock to lock, no touching anything. So it is possible.

don

I`ve used the 402 pan without any clearance issues, but that pan is real shallow, maybe even only 4 quarts! I want a pan with some additional capacity that I don`t have to modify to clear the steering linkage. Is there any pan (high capacity) out there that really fits an A-body big block? I remember some of the old Direct Connection books showed you how to cut and extend your stock pan for added capacity. I may have to resort to that. My car is an original big block car ,so the engine is properly oriented. What pans are all you bb guys running?

-
Back