Milodon road race pan

-

Reaction score
I was just about to order the Milodon road race pan. But it says it only fits the 73-76 k frame. Is the 67-72 k frame that different?

I imagine it would need minor mods to fit ?
Isn't the main difference between them the sway bar mounts ?

Plus does anyone know if the mopar 380hp create engine come with a windage tray ?

If not I imagine I need a stud kit to fit one
Would there be machining involved ?

73-76 spool type motor mounts. 67-72 biscuit style. I would also think some minor tweaking should let it work.

I have one in my ‘72 Duster. It’s close along the pass side k-frame/idler arm mount, but fits.

I just about ordered one of those awhile back but just before I hit checkout I bailed because of the price and because I was reading issues with the tti exhaust headers.

I see now tti says the pan fits with their headers. So now I don' know anymore

I have the TTI full length step headers on it too. No problems there. Couple of dings for torsion bar ect but no oil pan-header issues. Only “problem” is I have to pull the drag link off of the pitman arm to get the mini starter up into the starter pocket area. Plenty of room for it once I get it up past the steering arm. May not be totally necessary but after about five minutes wiggling it around it was just easier to split the steering.

I also got tti so that's good to hear

even if it fits the K member and mounts and exhaust, it is still a piece of junk

rather spend your money on a kevco pan, and you only need to spend it once

It's a good pan. I've used a couple of them. Explain why they are junk.

It's a good pan. I've used a couple of them. Explain why they are junk.

two fold issue
for starters, even when they claimed to fit my 71 K member, i had to notch the K-member to actually get it in
now, i understand we are hotrodding here, but if i need to cut up a structural part of my car to install a part, that part simply does not fit

the second issue is pinholes
milodon has a reputation for sending out leaking pans that are not fully welded
if i remember correctly they blame this on EPA or OSHA or PETA or whoever making regulations that state they are not allowed to test their pans with certain materials, and so they use water to test them
but then it turns out oil can creep out where water cant, and several of their pans that passed the water test do not hold oil

so their level of quality control is in fact LOWER then their intended purpose

the third reason is not so much on their part, as it is on Kevco's part
Mike from MRL told me that he did a test once between different oil pans and the kevco pan made more power without a windage tray, then the other ones did WITH one

It's kind of the point with this thread
Milodon states the pan only works with the 73-76 K frame.

I figured I'd have to mod mine or dig up a 73-76 K frame.

As for the dyno was it the road race pan or one of the others ?

I don't recall, it's been a few years since I chatted with Mike, and he has since closed up shop

-
Back