Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there a mini starter that will bolt up and work on a /6 170 :read2:

This may help with pipe location. :-D

I just was thinking.:read2:
L.A 318 Mini??

All of the mini starters for V-8s will bolt up to a slant. Same starters. The connections at the starter might need slight mods, just like the V-8s, but everything else is the same.

Why did I not know this before,:shock: I am not paying attention8-[ ,
This is great !! :blob:
thank you very much!!
There has to be a fastest good guy alert on this one :thumleft:.

Thanks Mike.

Just going to say, best thing I´ve ever added to the slant. Quick starts every day, even in cold mornings. Plain Great!

Yep, Just ask for a starter for a 90's dakota - v8. The gear reduction starter spins the motor much quicker, draws less power, and gives you more room for headers etc.

What more could you ask for!

This combined with my MSD, and my car started all winter in CANADA!!!

Yep, Just ask for a starter for a 90's dakota - v8. The gear reduction starter spins the motor much quicker, draws less power, and gives you more room for headers etc.

What more could you ask for!

This combined with my MSD, and my car started all winter in CANADA!!!

A mini starter is on my list to do know.:cheers:
Thank your RobbAdams, I will ask my napa dealer for a 90 Dakota starter
and get it on a fleet price. 27 year customer :-D

But you'll miss the wait for the starter to stop spinning when you release the key, along with that O so familiar Ma'Mopar starter whine. I got mine for $20 at a wrecking yard when the local rebuilder hadn't got to that one yet.

I have to agree with those guys, those stock mini starters are only way to start a Mopar, I also went to Napa to get one, till he told me the price. Best bet is a good salvage yard. For some reason they are about 20-25 bucks anywhere you go.

-
Back