Mini Starter runs on

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with mini starters. This is my second starter that has stuck and stayed ingaged.

Thanks for the info however I forgot to state that this car is a dedicated race car. And after looking for a starter relay I cannot locate one. The wiring on this Dart is like spaghetti . I have traced the wires no relay.

You need to trace wiring then. Someone put a on/off switch instead of a momentary for the starter or something.

There are two momentary switchs and a keyed switch. I have isolated the switchs one at a time but the starter is still engaged.

I seen this once before on a stock starter in a 80' Ram Charager pick up. I never knew what happened to the fella. But he was gone in the morning.

take the starter off and bench test it,,,, if it stays engaged on the bench then it is the bendix in the starter,,, which i'm guessing it is,, did it do it from the beginning of install or just lately? If it's ok on the bench then look for the relay,,, if ya can't find it follow the wire back from the starter to the relay. It has to go to the relay. JMO

racy

Thanks this happened on my Wifes minivan. I havent got to it but I will remove it and bench test.Thanks

-
Back