mini starter

-
'89 RWD cars (Diplomat, Gran Fury, New Yorker Fifth Avenue)
'89-'01 Dodge full-size and Dakota pickups + full-size vans with 3.9 V6, 5.2 or 5.9 V8.

See here.

When I look up compatibility on the late model starter i find this:

DODGE DART 69-65 2.8L(170) L6 All
DODGE DART 69-66 6.3L(383) V8 All
DODGE DART 71-62 3.7L(225) L6 All
DODGE DART 72-70 3.2L(198 ) L6 Except 3spd M/T
DODGE DART 76-74 5.9L(360) V8 All

I have a '73 318 in my Swinger. I wouldn't imagine the geometry to be so different that it wouldnt bolt right in, but I've been wrong before. Can anyone clarify fitment for the '73 model year?

yes any of the mini starters would be a direct bolt in for your car. and a big improvement. one starter will fit in just about every chrysler motor.

When I look up compatibility on the late model starter i find this

(bizarre and very incomplete listing deleted)

Don't know whose "compatibility" table that is, but it's not reliable.

I have a '73 318 in my Swinger. I wouldn't imagine the geometry to be so different that it wouldnt bolt right in, but I've been wrong before. Can anyone clarify fitment for the '73 model year?

It will fit with zero trouble.

Thx guys. & Dan I read through the links you left & from what I gleaned from the info is there should be no reason not to just pull a used starter from the local pick & pull as the majority of problems, if any, usually just warrant a solenoid contact replacement. Am I reading that correctly?

It wil fit. Period. Go to your local jobber store and get the salesman to put both starters on the counter side by side. I did this to a salesman who claimed it would not work because his books said it wont. Dumbass..

-
Back