-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Mopar mini starter from Summit $139.95 :wack:

Todays find:
Junk Yard Mini Starter $12.00 SWEEEETTT..... :headbang:

Work's like a champ too !!!!!!!

Picture 317.jpg

I almost got as good a deal. I bought one on ebay 2 weeks ago for $50 but I had to take the 1992 Dodge Van with it that it was attached to.

Chuck

And they are amazing at how well they can spin the motor. But I do miss the old chrysler starter sound. Nothing else even sounds like'm. I can recognize the sound from a good distance to.

After busting my knuckles getting that boat anchor out of there,I will never miss that sound.LOL....

I put thoses mini's in everything I own.

340Mopar,You stole that starter.LOL........

Well if I tell ya,I will have to............LOL

They come in just about anything.
Look for 88-90's Dakota,trucks,vans Grand Fury,Fifth Ave,etc.

At the yard take a peak under the car,if it looks like the pic it will fit.You will either see the BIG boat anchor,or the mini.......

fits:170,198,225,273,318,340,360,383,426,440, Did I miss one?

They are $11.30 at the yard I go to. I have one in the Valiant and a spare on the shelf. With the stock starter I had 3 trys to start the car now, I can crank for 5 minutes before the battery is dead.:headbang:

Spent $35 and got shock mount plates, mini starter and alternator brackets. Not too bad. Sweet deal Johnny. You've got some good finds lately. Too bad about the radio. I bet you are still steaming over that one.

Thanks Johnny!

I paid the big bucks for the one on the 75, but I would like to get one for the 71 and the duster.

Now I know what to look for.

$11.30......Dam I got ripped !!!!!!!

Dave...Thanks bud,for bringing the radio up.....I had fogotten all about !!! LOL

Glad to help 340 !!!

Hey Guys .
We Spent 85 Bucks On One Off E-bay,but Were To Impatient To Wait To
Put It In The Duster /6.it Seems We Cant Get The Stock One Out Unless We Remove The Headers.it Came About A Day Late.we Couldnt Wait To Fire It Up.question--will It Fit The 360 We Are Building ?

Thanks,bob

fits:170,198,225,273,318,340,360,383,427,440, Did I miss one?[/QUOTE]

I'll say you missed one, lol. 350-361 400 426, what the heck is that 427 doing in your list. Hee-hee

Ah heck man I tried....... :sad11:

Fixed it !!!

Found a couple more. 331,354,392,Hemi's.

Johnny Dart said:
After busting my knuckles getting that boat anchor out of there,I will never miss that sound.LOL....

I put thoses mini's in everything I own.

340Mopar,You stole that starter.LOL........

Funny..... :lol: :lol: I hear ya! Sure 65.00 for a Chrysler starter and 550.00 worth of labour just to pull that sucker out! A guy might as well rebuild his motor at the same time! :lol:

Ya know, i had the ministarter in the car, and when i put the engine back in, i bolted it up, looked at it and thought, man, its not touching flywheel. frustrated, i took the big starter my dad had laying around, fight to get it in there, and have the same problem. then i realize, thats how its suppose to be and shouldve just put the mini back in, but didnt. now im probably gonna regret it. but i learned from it. dave

MR.7DUSTER3 said:
Hey Guys .
We Spent 85 Bucks On One Off E-bay,but Were To Impatient To Wait To
Put It In The Duster /6.it Seems We Cant Get The Stock One Out Unless We Remove The Headers.it Came About A Day Late.we Couldnt Wait To Fire It Up.question--will It Fit The 360 We Are Building ?

Thanks,bob
What kind of headers do you have? I was able to remove the stocker with out removing my clifford headers.

So, if I understand it right if I goto the bone yard and tell them that I need a starter for dakota it well fit with out any kind of modification. If that is so then I'm off. No more 50lb starters. LOL

Mr Duster.......Yes it will work on your 360.

GTDART.......Mini starter from a Dakota,full size truck,van,etc...No mods necessary.

Both of the ones I got were just hanging by the cables. The one I got out of the Dakota pickup just needed the cables fished out from around stuff and the one from the Van I had to cut the cables.

We Ve Got The Hooker Comp Headers And I Swear We Had To Use Vaseline To Get Them In.tried Every Thing To Get The Stock Starter Back Out But Finally Gave Up.now That I Know The Mini Will Work On The 360,just One Less Thing To Buy For It.

Thanks,bob-bryce

-
Back