Mini Tub and Rim b.s.

-

cktuck

Reaction score
Help On a 67 Dart after mini tubbing, is it possible to move the rearend back on the leaf springs for more tire clearence? Because I just installed new Quarters and do not want to cut on them. I'm going to run 15x10" Weld wheels,what is the best Backspacing 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 to get the wheel centered correctly.I'm trying to stuff a 325/50R15 Drag Radial in there:cheers
:Thanks!

Stock length a-body 8.75?

IIRC it's a 7-8" bs with a stock length A rear.

Best thing to do is get a plumbob, tape measurer and a square and measure the thing out.

I have heard of people adding a spacer behind the front spring hanger to move it back. I would like to do this in the future as well. I would probably press in some longer studs (wheel studs) and use an aluminum block to space it back about an inch.

Thanks Guys I was away from my PC for a few days,I measured and came up with 7.5 b.s. with stock length axle. (8.75)

Yep, 7.5 is the way to go.

I have them on my 67 cuda, and my set up is copied from my buddies 67 dart.

He did not use the spacers but massaged his wheel lips as did I.

Here's a side view, the forward portion was moved 1.5 inches forward.

wheels1.jpg

DSCN3753.jpg

DSCN3775.jpg

Here's the tire clearance with a straight edge across the face of the tire to the wheel lip.

You can move it back but it will cost you some traction. How much I don't know. I just know back in the AF/X days with the beginning of funny cars they moved the axle forward to gain traction. I plan on doing what Cudaspaz did. If you do it right it looks factory.

Thanks alot guys for the replies,Hey Bobby I will email you about those wheels , I just returned from out of town so now I can get back to my PC:-D

-
Back