Minimal Assets 67 cuda

-

dudeman

Reaction score
Finally got the camera back to post pics. Paid 500 bucks. Is that a good deal? This is going to be a long process as right now I only have $200 extra a month. But I'm going to take my time and hopefully end up with a show quality car. Never done a project before so relying on y'all for help and advice. Plan on doing as much as I possibly can by myself. Hopefully it turns out well and I can start all over on another one (in 10 years when its done).

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

Will and Ty loading the extra hood.jpg

Will Backed it right in and we pulled the trailer out from under it..jpg

500 bucks seems good. did it come with a front end? ( fenders, grill, all that stuff) also is the sheetmetal good on the car? minimal rust? looks to be good! good luck and keep posting progress pics!

Nope. No fenders (found site for fiberglass replacement), I do have an extra hood and the grill. Need front and rear glass (side is good). Few parts in the trunk. Like I tell people, it is just a shell, no engine. Just most of the body, 4 wheels, steering wheel, back seat and a schoolchair for the driver. Hahahah. It will be a lot of fun and learning experience, wanted to do this since I was a kid.

The important part is having the shell to start with. Now it is just time and money to get it done when time comes. As we all have done. Take our time and do the right thing. A time will come when all is done and you can enjoy it.
Good Luck and welcome to FABO.

Well I spent the last month or so getting all the crap out of my garage and into a shed so I have room to start working. Almost got everything stripped off that I can get at from the top. Just seat belts, side mirror, and driver side quarter glass. Then I'll jack it up and build a stand so I don't have to squat to low. One good thing about not having much to start with- I don't need as much shelf space for parts, and there is less to dissassemble. I did find a bunch of treasures in the trunk. I can't remember everything, but I priced some of it against the Paddock catalog, and if I were to sell the parts I found I would make more than triple what I paid for this baby. I'll take a few pics tomorrow.

Cool! When I got my 67 Notch 2 months ago I also got a ton of new stuff from Paddock and elsewhere. I've already taken the bucket seats over and had the new buns and Gold seat covers installed. Here's a couple pics of mine. Keep up the Good Work!

67BARRACUDA%20001.jpg

67BARRACUDA%20004.jpg

67BARRACUDA%20012.jpg

Nice ride man. I'll probably snoop on your resto threads to see what parts go where. Do you have a thread there?

Mine looked very similar to that 8 years ago.

Time and money.

More time than money actually.LOL.

End result and still not finished.

111.jpg

Nice ride man. I'll probably snoop on your resto threads to see what parts go where. Do you have a thread there?
No. I guess I'll start one. Then the pressure will be on to keep it moving along. Probably a good thing. Where's Hope Mills by?

Mine looked very similar to that 8 years ago.

Time and money.

More time than money actually.LOL.

End result and still not finished.

111.jpg
Hey 'Spaz, what size tires ya got on the back of that thing? Did you move the springs in? Looks great!

Yes, mini tubbed and springs relocated/ stock uncut rear end.

Had to use weld draglites 15x10 wheels with a 7.5 inch backspace.

Tires are 29x12.5x15 M/T sportsman pro's.

Your car looks awesome cudaspaz!

An enjoy the project dudeman!
Keep us updated!

Dude that is a kickass car! I gotta go look at your photos. And thanks for the words of encouragement. So far I'm still motivated. But I know that through time and money adding up I may lose sight.

So I was at a bodyshop the other day deciding that maybe some of this stuff is over my head. I was really impressed with the work the shop was doing on other cars (even though they cater to mustangs) good work man, I'm telling you this guy is good. And on top of that he is really cool, "advice is free" attitude really won me over, I'm most definitely going to go with his shop. Anyway, our conversation brought up a question. Seems like I read on here somewhere that the dash needs to be in before putting in the windshield. Is it ok to put in the windshield to weatherproof the interior before installing the dash? When I took the dash out, I thought the bolt locations would make it awfully hard to do the job if the windshield was in the way. I need someone with more knowledge and experience to show me the way. So far all the advice I have gotten on here has been straight.

I just picked up a block, compelte heads, intake and carb from SPH126. I just wanted to say thanks bro and you gave me a great deal. I appreciate the help and I loved your ride man. Hopefully in a couple years we can race each other. I also wanted to let everyone know that you are a good dude.

So I was at a bodyshop the other day deciding that maybe some of this stuff is over my head. I was really impressed with the work the shop was doing on other cars (even though they cater to mustangs) good work man, I'm telling you this guy is good. And on top of that he is really cool, "advice is free" attitude really won me over, I'm most definitely going to go with his shop. Anyway, our conversation brought up a question. Seems like I read on here somewhere that the dash needs to be in before putting in the windshield. Is it ok to put in the windshield to weatherproof the interior before installing the dash? When I took the dash out, I thought the bolt locations would make it awfully hard to do the job if the windshield was in the way. I need someone with more knowledge and experience to show me the way. So far all the advice I have gotten on here has been straight.

you can but it is a pita. if you do you will have to install the screws for the dash from the bottom.

-
Back