minimum polebarn size

-
Now this is what I have in the house and garage we built.

Attached 22 x 26 house garage with 1/2 bath.
I have to ask the wife for permission when I want to put a car in there.

My man cave is 30 x 60 x 12.
I have a second floor with a 14 x 60 storage room.
The garage works well for me because I have 3 4 post lifts. I have the garage split into 2 sections. One with 2 lifts can hold 8-9 cars/trucks. Other one has a lift and can hold 2 cars.

We installed a lean to on the back that is 22 L x 20 W including a 2’ overhang. Great for my tractor. Gravel floor.

Then on one end I added a 24 x 48 Lean to with concrete. I convinced my wife that it was a picnic area. After the boat and T top barely fit, it forced me to add another lean to on the other end.

I think it is 18? X 24 with a very high clearance. Gravel floor.

Pole Barns are very versatile.

Last edited:
My first barn was 32x48... to small... the next barn was 50x60... to small...you get the idea.... looking at some of these pictures gives me barn envy!! take your best guess and double it.

I built my shop 32 X 54 with a side entry in the center more or less. 32 allows a bench across from the door and a full size pick up inside. 54 was to steal 14 off one end for an office, tool bench area and a mezzanine above. Essentially leaving me 32 X 40 shop area. That fits 3 cars across one end, a work bay in the middle (Shop door) and the office / tools at the opposite

My hiding place!

Unfortunately the thread is old enough that pics are a click at a time!

Last edited:
Always build the biggest you can fit and/or afford. Here is my 50x72

PXL_20240917_222844548.jpg

-
Back