mirror opinions....

which mirrors would look best?

• Total voters
-
I like the look of painted sport mirrors, only problem with them on a Duster is you can't see much more than your quarters in them. They should work good on your style car better than Duster/Demon/Dart Sport. As far as the chrome ones go, talk to Slantsixdan about aftermarket ones, I think he had issues with chrome blistering in a relatively short time.

You have a very nice looking Swinger there! :thumrigh: The yellow is a real eye catcher, and with the black accents it screams look at me. Now I know each to his own, but have you considered Sport mirrors done in black? I like the stock chrome myself, but think it would look cool with the sports in black. Just my 2 cents, therefore I couldn't vote on the poll!

If I had a car built just like yours is :thumrigh: it would have matt black sports mirrors abodyjoe.

You have a very nice looking Swinger there! :thumrigh: The yellow is a real eye catcher, and with the black accents it screams look at me. Now I know each to his own, but have you considered Sport mirrors done in black? I like the stock chrome myself, but think it would look cool with the sports in black. Just my 2 cents, therefore I couldn't vote on the poll!

If I had a car built just like yours is :thumrigh: it would have matt black sports mirrors abodyjoe.

black crossed my mind. just can't picture it in my head.. may be the ticket though.

I have body color sport mirrors on my 70 Dart.
Make sure you get A-body specific mirrors.
And yes they are a direct bolt on to the mirror you have.

Attachments

• Hart Basketball 034.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 255
looks good body color.. the pass side looks to be is the same location as the drivers side.

yes they are supposed to be abody specific.

New Reproduction 1970 A-Body Paint Remote Rally Mirror Set,The LH. Come with remote bezel, mounting plate and gasket,The RH.come with gasket.

black crossed my mind. just can't picture it in my head.. may be the ticket though.

I agree and those ugly stock looking mirrors - well let me help you save the landfill!

I really like yellow with black accents. Then a touch of red on the edges... used to have a plane that color.

I don't know how the rallies would look on a Dart?
Does someone have a picture with them on a dart

i like the chrome ralleys, but i could see the colored ones on your car but in black instead of the yellow. i think that would look sick.

Yes your cae would look great with the black painted one. Just remember
that you can't see S**t with them. Had them on my first Duster. Couldn't
see anything behind me. The round chrome ones, you can se a little more.
But for the sake of looks go with the rayllies.
Just my 2 cents worth.

And... the best line from Gumball Rally:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0"]What's Behind Me, It's Not Important - YouTube[/ame]

I don't even use the right mirror if I drive a car that has one haha...

When I was younger, I drove a truck cross country for a short while. I also owned a number of vans, some of which were cargo vans. I learned at a very young age the value of right side mirrors. Every vehicle I own has one. I suppose that's rubbed off to my family, too. My wife, and all 3 of my kids also have and use right side mirrors.

...btw, I voted for the stock style mirrors. ;)

How about that paint that looks like rust. ( Ken made me do it )

284A-PSET.jpg

http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=84

Guess us Valiant guys think alike. I’m putting stock style on the right side to match my remote style on the left. My driveway is a real bear without that right side mirror. I have to just figure out how to get the darned things mounted.

Well, my Violent Valiant needs a right side mirror, which I have, but would like help on how to get the door panels off, probably starting with the door handles. Maybe a body shop that has worked on these 60’s cars might be the best bet. Something that looks do simple......ain’t!

-
Back