mirror opinions....

which mirrors would look best?

• Total voters
-
My 64 came with factory outside mirrors on both sides with the factory Pentastar embossed on each one and has never rusted. When I saw the prices for the mirrors, I couldn't believe my eyes.

On the other hand my 64 wouldn't look right if they were painted yet the Duster body types look awesome and too me it depends on the look and color of the body which determines which mirrors to use..
Agree on the body type. I would love to have a remote controlled matching pass side mirror.

Well, my Violent Valiant needs a right side mirror, which I have, but would like help on how to get the door panels off, probably starting with the door handles. Maybe a body shop that has worked on these 60’s cars might be the best bet. Something that looks do simple......ain’t!
What could be simpler than pulling an armrest, a door handle , a window crank handle, and popping loose 8-10 pry out clips ?!

I was having a mirror debate with myself last night... mirrors or no. I've never had them on.

They're color matched :)

hoopnomirror.jpg

hoopmirror.jpg

What could be simpler than pulling an armrest, a door handle , a window crank handle, and popping loose 8-10 pry out clips ?!

Right, what could be more simple, let's see now: a armrest with handle that is tighter than He**. the 16 or so clips are also already popped, Door handle, already off. now the interesting part, getting the vent glass and trim out. Yes, that's what the directions on line says, then lower the window as low as you can, then loosen up the bottom bracket, and all that's before one drills the holes, hopefully in the right place. Guess I'm not qualified. That's why I have been thinking a pro might be better.

Sounds like you know your limitations...

Maybe a member close by could help?

Right, what could be more simple, let's see now: a armrest with handle that is tighter than He**. the 16 or so clips are also already popped, Door handle, already off. now the interesting part, getting the vent glass and trim out. Yes, that's what the directions on line says, then lower the window as low as you can, then loosen up the bottom bracket, and all that's before one drills the holes, hopefully in the right place. Guess I'm not qualified. That's why I have been thinking a pro might be better.
I DON`T THJINK THE VENT WINDOW WOULD HAVE TO BE PULLED, NOT IN MY CASE ANYWAY.

That sounds good. I was just repeating what was said in those directions that I found for installing outside mirrors on A bodys. I couldn't see why either.

-
Back