Mirror parts

-

72dustyer

All go, no show
Reaction score
Does anyone know who sells rebuild parts for sport mirrors? I need the widget clip that goes behind the glass to keep it from wobbling.

are you talking about the mirror when you say glass? if so driverside or passenger side? i had both of mine apart before and cannot place this "clip" as you call it.... scratch that i remember now , are you talking about the passenger side? little strip of spring steel?

yes, the spring steel clip, I thought both sides have em. If the DS doesn't then what keeps the mirror from wobbling around in there. Would I need to take up the slack on the remote cables by shortening them?

o.k the driver side if i can remember is held in place by a similiar setup as the passenger side. if i can remember correctly it is the same little metal stud with a ball on the end. the frame that holds the mirror is different because of the adjuster lines going to it. i think it screwed in in the driverside? i seem to remember it was attached from the underside of the mirror. it think you can see the screw from inside the base looking up in it. can't remember exactly. what ever you do do not cut the lines! when you take the mirror apart you may see that the screw is loose. the hole the ball is in also may be sloppy. it probably can be tightened up some by closeing the hole some around it. the passenger side is a different story. are you missing the spring steel? if so then find another mirror head from the passenger side of a car in a junkyard. break out the glass and pull the spring steel peice off. you will need to get some stainless screws and get some thread lock. you will need to drill some small holes where the little pot metal studs were holding the old piece of spring steel was on the frame. then take the stainless screws and run them through the spring steel and the mirror frame.you will need to get the spring steel straight and level. tight but not too tight. test the cut mirror for it before you lock it down. (screw head clearence) test fit , clearence and tightness on the ball. when you are ready apply a little grease on the ball place the spring steel down and apply thread lock the the screw and tighten them down. the mirror should be ready to be put back in. if you need to take the ball completly out it can come out. it is pushed (pressed) in. get a grip on it and pull straight out with plyers. use a rag on the teeth so as to not scar the ball up. push it in and gently tap on it with a hammer to seat it back down to re apply. don't forget if you take it out put the mirror frame back on it before you put the ball back in or you will be taking it out again!

yeah theres no ball or anything in there. Ill have to poke around the boneyard this weekend and see if I can fins a similar setup. Thanks demon

if you can find a good mirror head then that is all you will need for the passenger side. sounds like the one you have is useless without any of those parts. also don't loose the inside door clip for the remote on the drivers door. those are spring steel also. hard to find!

reguarding the door clip. this will help you. i had to get mine from them also. arizona parts: 320 e. pebble beach dr. tempe az. 85282 ph# 480-966-6683
the part number you will need is #2945603 clip .50 cents
speak with bill and verify. my mirror was a 73 but they should be all the same, but check...

-
Back