Misfire?

-

73Dartmang

Reaction score
Man o man the slant six is quite. Can't tell under light acceleration if I have one or not. Sounds like some iddy biddy popping under my feet or behind me. Started the other day. Can't feel it hesitate or stumble? Can't feel it through the pedal either. Hmm...Wish I knew when the last time someone gapped the points?

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

I believe that in 73 points did not exist anymore for slant sixes, my 6 doesn't have any points and its a 73 duster. I have a small misfire every once in a while too. I suspect that the spark plugs are not gapped correctly. I rebuilt my carb and that helped the problem a little but it still exists.

for what a set of points cost replace em and check all your plug wires tonight see if you got a light show goin on

Made sure they were all snapped tight in place. No arcing noticed. The wires are about two years old. I forget how to check the coil OHMS or Volts? or both. I had the voltmeter on it the other day + and - with the car running 7-8 volts. This thing is so smooth and quite I cant tell even if it is a misfire. It's like a really quite popping noise under my feet or even just behind the front seat. Doesn't sound like it's coming out the pipe. Not at Idle or revving...It's gotta be..Let me get of my *** and see if I have a light show....

IMG_2007.jpg

Put a timing light on each plug wire and see if you have a miss or extra spark pulse. If so, change your cap, rotor, and wires. If everything looks good in the spark department, and your compression is good, you probably have a carb that needs adjusting or overhauling.

figure this out?

I was having similar problems after my first tune-up, sounded like poofing out the back a bit. then the sound moved foward. I ended up ADDING COOLANT and moving my timing up by 5 deg. Not hearing it any more. I think the coolant did it. (time to get my temp gauge working again).

I actually did add some coolant at the time. Runs good now. Separated my wires properly with some moroso clips I had laying around. Dunno? Thanks.

-
Back