Misfire

-

65rbdodge

Reaction score
I picked up a 2012 5.7 cheap, the owner had the motor in his truck replaced because of a misfire. I knew exactly what I was getting and what to expect. However I've never seen one this bad
1000022464.jpg

Definitely have seen that before, personally. Crazy deal. I've had two Hemi powered vehicles come through the shop in the last two weeks with misfires. I instantly feared the worst. One was injector, the other simply a bad connection on a coil. Typically when they have misfire codes, it's all over.

That's not a misfire. A misfire is ignition related. That right there is a sho nuff clusterfukk lol

MDS motor? Looks bad
MDS doesn't have ANY bearing on cam failures. I've seen NON MDS lobes fail as well. The only real common denominator is VVT engines. I have seen lifter failures in the 30-08 engines, due to extreme non-maintainance.

Yes, MDS, lifter still spun free, soft cam or oil starved is the popular diagnosis, the rest of the motor was fine, 110k miles, no sludge buildup. I have it down to the block now,cam and rod bearings look OK mains look not the best. Crank just needs a polish, will replace all the bearings.

-
Back