Miss represented 383 GTS

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I found this Dart on Ebay, notice it says 69 GTS 383. I wrote the guy to let him know that by the vin number it is a 1968 and a 340 p code. just to let him know and to avoid a hassle if he sells it. His answer?
"I never said it was numbers matching"
What the hell is up with that? I know he is trying to pass it off as a N code original 383 1969 GTS DART. Just look at the buy it now price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200515717876&viewitem=

It even has a 68 grill and hood inserts.

I think if you look close enough at the interior shot you can see the lower dash pad that is 68 also

i just sent him a message pointing out all the things that make it a 68...

FYI, if the car was an original 383 GTS the 5th digit on the VIN would be an H, not an N.

Did ya'll notice the line "motor is built through fender headers"? Is that like building a ship in a bottle LOL.

$38,000 for a driver quality dart???? Yeah--- good luck with that...........

"NOT PERFECT BUT GREAT CONDITION. DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU WANT TO NIT PICK"

:toothy10:

I don't buy the high tens, but he hasn't raced in the 12 years he has owned it. What does that mean?

He must have re-did the ad, because I don't see anything too out of line except his Buy It Now price!!! And the modified rear wheel openings, fender well headers...

"NOT PERFECT BUT GREAT CONDITION. DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU WANT TO NIT PICK"

:toothy10:

I don't buy the high tens, but he hasn't raced in the 12 years he has owned it. What does that mean?

I don't buy the high 10's either... You can tell by the way he wrote the ad he doesnt know crap about a car... He calls the intake a hi-rise (doesnt he know the brand?), slap stick shifter b&m (wasnt slap stick a factory e-body shifter?), Posi (thats what GM guys call their rear ends isn't it?), Interior is great (looks like factory faded carpet to me)... Dunno, maybe I'm just a NIT PICKER...

For his asking price, I think you have every freakin' right to nitpick...

You're right ramenth, I'll NIT PICK some more.. Wheel wells butchered, dash chrome faded, arm rest is trash, door panel butchered for a dollar store speaker, looks like rust on the steering wheel spokes, 2 tachs????? Don't guess he wants to remove the dash pad mounted one might be a big hole there... Pine tree air freshener, must be to cover up the molded carpet smell --------- Am I being to hard on him guys?????

He must have re-did the ad, because I don't see anything too out of line except his Buy It Now price!!! And the modified rear wheel openings, fender well headers...

Yes he did change alot of the info and is closer to being right. See, we can bring about possitive change here at FABO, it just took a little preasure!

cool looks alot more accurate now... i just see some sucker who dosn't know buying it

-
Back