Missing in action

-

Martial_law

Reaction score
Been away for a while. My mother (85) fell and broke her other hip. Been off work for several weeks and focusing on her care. I did manage to re-work the Shaker bubble from a 1970 'Cuda 440 6 Pack car. It is now soing duty a a hood scoop for my Dart Sport. Wellllll, I guess I won't post pics as I don't have the skills to reduce them with paint, which is the only editor on this (recently aquired) computer. Suffice to say the scoop was broken in half with painfully hashed up repairs with fiberglass resin and matting. These scoops aren't fiberglass.....In any case after I got all the resin dug out of the breaks with an x-acto knife and magnifying glass I re-assembled ti with 416 loctite superglue then used two part epoxy for filler. You can't find the repairs on the top and NEARLY invisible on the bottom. I may still spend more time on the bottom side before final top coat. Anyway, hope to be around more and see what everybody is up too. Just right now Mom takes up most of my time.......Drive too fast, Drink too much. Just not at the same time.

I think this should work.....

Attachments

• DSCF0277ed.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF0285ed.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF0288ed.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF0295ed.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF0298ed.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 97
wow that came out nice!

hope your mom is doing better

Been away for a while. My mother (85) fell and broke her other hip. Been off work for several weeks and focusing on her care. I did manage to re-work the Shaker bubble from a 1970 'Cuda 440 6 Pack car. It is now soing duty a a hood scoop for my Dart Sport. Wellllll, I guess I won't post pics as I don't have the skills to reduce them with paint, which is the only editor on this (recently aquired) computer. Suffice to say the scoop was broken in half with painfully hashed up repairs with fiberglass resin and matting. These scoops aren't fiberglass.....In any case after I got all the resin dug out of the breaks with an x-acto knife and magnifying glass I re-assembled ti with 416 loctite superglue then used two part epoxy for filler. You can't find the repairs on the top and NEARLY invisible on the bottom. I may still spend more time on the bottom side before final top coat. Anyway, hope to be around more and see what everybody is up too. Just right now Mom takes up most of my time.......Drive too fast, Drink too much. Just not at the same time.

Thank you, and thank you. As for the Shaker....well a good dose of OCD doesn't hurt. If it was a repro I would have just bought another but it was "real". Wish it still had the emblems on it but you could clearly read it in the dirt...lol.

Mom is improving. Almost got her walking again....Yahoo.

-
Back