Missing parking brake pieces

-

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I put this 8 3/4 Axle together a couple years ago. I think it was out of an E body. I had it narrowed to A body specs and put Dr Diff axles in it. I replaced the wheel cylinders, shoes, and hardware before installing it. I kept the park brake cables from my old axle and would really like to go ahead and hook it all up now. The park brake pieces were missing when I got the axle so I don't know what all I need. I tried local parts stores but they couldnt find anything for it.

20171216_155003.jpg

Going to have to find someone that has spares, i couldnt find parts for current popular models.
The 8-3/4” i have had the park brake on driveshaft.
Perhaps parts from brakes with the same drum diameter will work.

You are missing the spreader bar return springs and cables . Rockauto.com has them. You can use the e-brake cables that came with the car , The short cables are about $24.00 . The long equalizer cable can be reused . the connector and other is available at Finelines.com for less than $20.00 . Hope this helps.

You need the bar that runs across right under the wheel cylinder. This will have a spring on it on one end. You also need the bar that pins on the brake shoe that the brake cable attaches to. I just looked on rockauto and do not see those parts listed.
Here is a picture that shows the cross bar and spring. If you look right above the yellow spring you will see the clip that holds on the arm that is behind the right shoe. This arm is what your cable attaches to.
I can probably round up the parts if you need them.
Hmmm, not sure why the picture posted twice.
tooljunkie is correct, I think they were all interchangable so long as it used the same size drum. Yours is probably 10" but can you verify please.
20171118_161554.jpg

20171118_161554.jpg

Last edited:
I'll pull a wheel off tomorrow and measure. The shoes are 3 inches wide but I didn't even think to measure the diameter.

I had to replace the spring on the end of the spreader bar. Had to buy a box of 10

I finally got around to pulling a wheel off and measuring. I have 11x3 drums. My car is finally running and driving, so I would like to get this fixed next. Anyone have a source to get the correct parts?

-
Back