missing part

-

mopower440

Reaction score
I ordered the Hellwig swaybar #5906 for my Dart and i go to install it today and its missing one of the tubes. its supposed to have 2, one for each side. I sent an email to Hellwig and hope they send me one out quickly. I purchased it from summit and hope i dont have to send the whole thing back.

photo of missing part?
did it come in a box? sometimes loose parts get under the inside flap at the bottom of the box

photo of missing part?
did it come in a box? sometimes loose parts get under the inside flap at the bottom of the box
It is an endlink tube. all the bolts and the other tube was in a sealed bag. I did check everything anyways though.

you could use some small tubbing (conduit?) for the short time if you are looking to get it back on the road

Just go to the parts store and buy a link for $5 and use the tube, get one longer and cut it off if you can't find the right size.

Just go to the parts store and buy a link for $5 and use the tube, get one longer and cut it off if you can't find the right size.
wonder what the odds of finding one the right diameter would be? This one is 3 1/4" long and 1/2" I.D.

If you don't find something pretty quick, I'll cut you a piece of tube from some spare 1/2" electrical conduit and mail it to you. Sounds like it's about the same thing. Check at Tractor Supply if you have one close by. They have spacer tubing in various lengths in their bolt aisle.

If you don't find something pretty quick, I'll cut you a piece of tube from some spare 1/2" electrical conduit and mail it to you. Sounds like it's about the same thing. Check at Tractor Supply if you have one close by. They have spacer tubing in various lengths in their bolt aisle.
Thank you!! will check tractor supply and let you know

Damn, i have searched and searched for the last hour and a half trying to find an end link that has a 3 1/4 sleeve and have not found one anywhere. Closest ive fond is 3 3/8 which i can cut but cant cut it till monday at work as i have no way to cut it straight here at home and i was hoping to find the correct length at one of the parts hoses so i could get it and install it tomorrow. Guess i will be putting it off yet another weekend.

so everything im finding isnt big enough in diameter, they all use an M10 bolt through them, mine uses a 1/2 in ch bolt through it..much bigger..I have searched through hundreds of parts numbers on the oreilly site and they all use M10 bolts. Dont know why this hellwig mess is so big. back to the drawing board

Contact hellwig, they'll hook you up. I ordered 5906 bar for my dart thru summit, it came with some mismatched hardware. I took a photo and sent an email, they responded quickly and i recieved replacement hardware in about a week. They have good customer service.

Contact hellwig, they'll hook you up. I ordered 5906 bar for my dart thru summit, it came with some mismatched hardware. I took a photo and sent an email, they responded quickly and i recieved replacement hardware in about a week. They have good customer service.
I emailed them over the weekend, just waiting to hear back from them

-
Back