Mityvac MT7300 -- anyone ever use one?

-

Righty Tighty

Blame it on the dog
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is Mityvac's pneumatic fluid evacuator, supposedly for draining oil and transmission fluid through the filler tubes or dipstick tubes. And supposedly, you can do brake bleeds with it.

Does anyone have any experience with one, and what are your thoughts? Gimmick? Waste of money? Seems to me if I was to suck the oil out through the top, instead of draining through the bottom, there'd still be some old oil and sludge left in the pan.

There's a used one for sale locally, thinking about giving it a shot, but I'm skeptical.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFN9WW/?tag=fabo03-20
fullsizeoutput_16b2.jpeg

Marine services use a similar device, there often isn't enuff room to easily get a drain pan under the oil pan in a boat with twins.
Get the oil good and hot, low viscosity, then suck away, - you too, - bring a few beverages, it takes a while. lol
The brake tool works great if you seal the bleeder threads with Teflon tape or similar, so it doesn't suck air, and the trick for me was to pump up vacuum, to 15 - 20", - then open bleeder till vac dropped to 5 -10" then shut, re-pump, repeat, repeat.
I usually work alone, so waiting and waiting for gravity or a helper, isn't an option, works great.
Sometimes I'll hook to carb barb vacuum for long wheelbase vehicles.
Good luck .

Last edited:
I have one . You need it for some transmissions that fill from the bottom. Also works great when doing trans work. Suck the fluid up trough the dip stick tube and eliminate the mess when dropping the pan.

Ours works great , I couldn't see not having one now. Flip the switch and you go from pulling it out to pressurizing it in. So you get the best of both worlds. It "sucks" and it "blows" Doesn't get better then that

Last edited:
Used one when working at a shop for brake bleeding. Nice.

I have one . You need it for some transmissions that fill from the bottom. Also works great when doing trans work. Suck the fluid up trough the dip stick tube and eliminate the mess when dropping the pan.

Ours works great , I couldn't see not having one now. Flip the switch and you go from pulling it out to pressurizing it in. So you get the best of both worlds. It "sucks" and it "blows" Doesn't get better then that
Sounds like a hooker worth the price. lol

I have 2, one I got at an auction very cheap. I use it a lot to suck the coolant out of the radiator and then can reinstall it

If you got the hand-pump unit, don't let any (brake) fluid get in the pump, lost my first one by setting it down wrong, not realizing it, the piston fused to the barrel till next use, the handle broke, trying to pump it.
Beware

Last edited:
If you got the hand-pump unit, don't let any (brake) fluid get in the pump, lost my first one by setting it down wrong, not realizing it, the piston fused to the barrel till next use, the handle broke, trying to pump it.
Beware
i too found out the hard way!

luckily they sell rebuild kits.

i use mine primarily for bleeding brakes, so it gets the water bath and air dry immediately after use.

-
Back