-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340sixpack

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a new 68 GTX model car kit.Dont know if they ever made one,i see nothing new available as of now but if someone has one lying around or would know where to find one?Thanks.

Heres the 68 runner.

DSC00021 (Custom).JPG

try gasoline ally antiques thats were i bought all my hard to find monster truck models they can get pricy but if you dont see it on there site call them and you can ask

There are resin kits available to convert the 68 Roadrunner into a GTX, I will have to check to see who had them. I want to say Modelhouse but I'm not sure

The Duster was made as an annual but never reproduced. I may have an extra one, I will look and see what I have. What exact year do you want?

I looked for years and a friend has a 68 GTX and he also has looked for a long time and come up empty.8)

There are resin kits available to convert the 68 Roadrunner into a GTX, I will have to check to see who had them. I want to say Modelhouse but I'm not sure

The Duster was made as an annual but never reproduced. I may have an extra one, I will look and see what I have. What exact year do you want?

Well I have a 1976 model but I'd be willing to buy anything between 73-76 since I want to make a model of what my car will be.

Riddler

I'll keep an eye for you. On the same aspect I'm looking for a 73-76 Duster model kit.

Riddler

1973 kits are out there but they are extremely rare and if you find one expect to pay well over $100 for it.

I'll keep an eye for you. On the same aspect I'm looking for a 73-76 Duster model kit.

Riddler

Looking for a new 68 GTX model car kit.Dont know if they ever made one,i see nothing new available as of now but if someone has one lying around or would know where to find one?Thanks.

I have a Revell 71 GTX and an AMT 69 GTX convertable. Don't recall seeing a 68 anywhere.

I looked for years and a friend has a 68 GTX and he also has looked for a long time and come up empty.8)

The 68 GTX was never made as a kit, the only option is resin. I know someone made a resin conversion, I just have to remember who made it.

Well I have a 1976 model but I'd be willing to buy anything between 73-76 since I want to make a model of what my car will be.

Riddler

They made a 73, 74 and a 75 but I don't think they made a 76 I will check and see. I think I have an extra 74 builder but I know I don't have an extra box, boxes can go for as much as the car itself though.

1973 kits are out there but they are extremely rare and if you find one expect to pay well over $100 for it.

Mint kits are pricey but if you want to build it I wouldn't buy a mint kit, there are plenty of clean builders out there for around $35-$50 and it is ridiculous to build a 35 year old mint kit.

If you aren't woried about a stock interior then it may be easier to find a Sox & Martin Duster or the Mopar Missile, they are rare kits as well but there are more of them out there.

These are the two kits you need. Why pay resin prices? you can find both on feebay for less. I am waiting for the 70 dart release.

The 68 GTX is totally different than a 69. The grill, interior, side trim, tail panel are all different. You could use them if you didn't care if it was accurate.

blownfish, you sure know your stuff about model cars

I've been collecting since I was a kid (30+ years) I have around 1500 pieces, mostly original kits and annuals from the first 11 kits AMT did back in 58 to some of the newer kits. I have a lot of Mopar annuals, the original JoHan Roadrunners & GTX's from 69 & 70, most of the MPC Mopar annuals from 66-75 and a handful of the original Pro Stock kits, not to mention I have quite a few doubles. When I get the time to go through them I will post any extras I have in the for sale section.

I have a model show/swap this Sunday, I will check on the above mentioned kits and see what I can come up with or at least get a contact number for them.

Don Holthouse "Modelhouse" and Jimmy Flinstone does some fantastic resin kits, the prices are a little high on some but for the true enthusiast, they're not bad. Where else are you going to find a car that wasn't ever produced in plastic? Jimmy Flinstone does a lot of off the wall stuff also and is a blast to talk to, he should be at the show on Sunday

The 70 Dart was done by Scale Coachworks, it isn't bad but you need some experience with resin to build it, their not the best resin company but they do have some nice stuff. I started to build my own out of the 69 Dart by using parts from a broken up LA Dart and a broke up Ramchargers Dart but I got bored with it and it just sits on the shelf. I bought one of the Coachworks kits but I haven't done anything with it yet.

Thanks for all the replies!This will be a x-mas present to the old man,i did his 71 last year and he really liked it so i will do his 68 this year.Hopefully i can find this resin kit as i need it as accurate as possible.I will research what ive been told here so far and see what i can find.Short on time!!!Thanks again guys!

Nice RR Homecloned,well done!

The 68 GTX is totally different than a 69. The grill, interior, side trim, tail panel are all different. You could use them if you didn't care if it was accurate.
quote]

I said some tweaking would need to be done, wasn't meaning a box stock build but the two kits would have a great starting point. I have never known resin to be complete kits anyway so you would still need some goodies. I too have been building and collecting for over 30 years and have scratch built many things that I have needed.

Thanks sixpack. Its a little dusty.

Nice job there bud.How do you keep it clean or dusted I guess?8)
Thanks bud. I actually built that one 20 years ago. It was in a sealed case with about 8 others but sat out for a couple weeks and got dusty. Before I built the case I used to clean them weekly. Like I said this was 20 years ago.:-D To lazy to clean them anymore. :toothy10:

I will see what I can come up with for you on Sunday. I'm sure Modelhouse has some resin promo parts for the GTX that you could use on the Roadrunner.

Another option would be to search evilbay for a broke or damaged promo and use it to convert the ertl 68 Roadrunner. I wouldn't recommend using a nice promo since they go for big money but you can sometimes find one for parts at a reasonable price. This is how most resin kits and parts are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back