Model Duster

-

Joe334

Reaction score
Does anyone else put together model cars? I just put together a '71 duster that i bought off the internet. I painted it like how i want to paint mine someday. Yes i know, im a nerd. Here are some pics:

ecb0d957.jpg

ecb0d6ef.jpg

ecb0d541.jpg

ecb0d473.jpg

ecb0d2e3.jpg

Fastback340 build some of the nicest models I have seen !.

Cool idea! Nerd for building models? I don't think so! Now if you wore a bowtie then, yes.

340mopar said:
Cool idea! Nerd for building models? I don't think so! Now if you wore a bowtie then, yes.

if he wore one, or drove one \\:D/

That's what I was getting at, I just wanted to see if someone you pick it up, you got it.

I have been building sense I was a kid. Now 52. Usually build
in the winter when I can't do anything on my Duster.
Have about 120 built and around another 80 or so to build.
All mopars. 12 or so Dusters, Darts and Demons. If I get a
chance I will put some pics in my garage. Have one built just
like the big Duster.

I have a Model of a 73' Duster, Direct from a Salesman's Desk in 73' Blue on Blue, I'll post a pic of it soom.

My first and last model I built was whenever I was about 13. I bought it for my stepfather's birthday at the time who did not want anything to do with a "purple sissy car". I put that '71 plum crazy hemi 'cuda together and thought "one day I'll have one". I still don't have a 'cuda or a hemi but at least that A$$ aint around. I still can't trust Ford people......

Joe334 said:
Does anyone else put together model cars?

I've built a few.....

59Buick1_jpg-vi.jpg

59Buick2_jpg-vi.jpg

This was a $5 swap meet rescue of an original `59 AMT Buick. The entire interior is scratch-built with some details added....(see the keys hangin from the ignition?) paint is water based acrylic sprayed through an airbrush. This model was featured in an OLD issue of Custom Rodder way-back when Rick Hanmore had a modeling column.

I have other pix, but I up-loaded them from another photo host site and unfortunately the images are too small to see the little details. I'll post a few anyway.

all about the customs.. niceee,

i think i have built soo many models i lost coundt from cars to trucks, to boats and planes then i built helicopters and motorcycles, i actually bought a red charger RT a few months ago. never finished it actually.. soo much too little time..

You can try all day long till your blue in the face to find or build a 66 dart.. it aint happening.. but this is canada and things are harder to find sometimes

Those are all nice models..
wish i had the time still for things like that!

what type of models are those?? diecast or plastic

Glad to help Jeff!

If anyone needs any advice on building, feel free to contact me. 8)

-
Back