Model kit list

-
When I was a kid , I would use my allowance to get a kit every week. I had so many, I would start taking the older ones get em hot with a Bic lighter and smash a couple together to make em look like they where wrecked. I sure miss the smell of Testors glue !
U r not well my friend ! Ha ha
1+1= Ratfink surfing

20190819_102040.jpg

20190819_102023.jpg

20190819_102028.jpg

I was always a big fan of monogram kits. They always fit together so nice. Revell a little less so. AMT kits with that all white plastic used to piss me off until I got a bit older and better with spray painting. Loved JoHan kits. They had cool stuff, and neat models of off the beaten path stuff. The bonus was you never knew what color the plastic was gonna be when you opened the box lol. Always wanted the heavenly hearse. Never bought it, now it's at a preemo price lol. Always felt like I was building a promo model with Johan kits. MPC kits were the absolute worst. I used to get suckered in by the box art, then would open the box up. The pieces fit like dog ****, and the chrome was always runny and missing in spots. No more MPC kits for me.

I have this 74 Duster, which had been missing the real hood for decades.
Finally got a resin repop from ModelHaus before they closed up.
I made the "A body" scoop from the scoop that comes with the MPC 66 Charger.View attachment 1715320426
Diggin the MPC turbo Z. Did you custom make the T bar roof for it. I think the actual model only came with an ill fitting sunroof.

When I was a kid , I would use my allowance to get a kit every week. I had so many, I would start taking the older ones get em hot with a Bic lighter and smash a couple together to make em look like they where wrecked. I sure miss the smell of Testors glue !

Yup, did the same thing with some of mine, still have some testors glue around. Used to take the plastic "trees" as we called them, cut 'em up into small lengths and glue 'em on the front to make battering rams and reinforcements for demolition derbys.

That Daytona T top was fun.

I had the real car.

Used styrene strip cut and filed to make the trim, then filled the void with putty.
That was in 1991. Just last year I bought the T top glass off ebay to help finish the job.

1:1 Daytonas/Lazers were true post couples- the doors on T top cars get cut down and all that trim added during the conversion.

1:1 Daytonas/Lazers were true post couples- the doors on T top cars get cut down and all that trim added during the conversion.
I had an 88 shelby Z t top back when they were new. Yep they were an aftermarket conversion by cars and concepts. Bought another 88z t top car back in 99. It's in corner of my shop piled high w boxes. I have all the weatherstrip and rubber pieces for it NOS to redo it all. Bought all that stuff for it and stored it away before it disappeared for good.

I have the model kit. Need to modify it like you did. The sunroof top on the kit is awful.

Also had to file (actually draw-file) the windshield header to make the lower level for the tops to rest in.

It was actually quite a project, making all the trim gaps line up with the door lines and fitting it all together.

Don't think I have that much patience now.

I still need to make the actual "T" bar. It's kind a of a targa top right now.

Last edited:
I bet. Looks like a tedious process to go through. Plastiwelding on thin strips etc. Oh ok, I guess from a distance I saw the far side door trim thought it was the T bar piece.

There's an "undo".....

Tanker what do you disagree with?
Oh for cryin' out loud! I was scrolling through the comments on my phone and I guess my finger brushed that darned red x. Fixed it. Truth be told I don't know enough about this subject to offer an opinion. I was just reading everyone else's thoughts.

-
Back