model kits

-
Forgot this.

DSC00028 (Custom).JPG

I always wanted to do a car like that 340john, The T/A looks like its been on some of our old clay gravel roads :cheers: Nize =P~

Thank you, I used to build showroom type models (still do sometimes) but I prefer junker type. They aren't that difficult to build...and you can't really mess up.

All those models are GREAT! here's some I built several years ago. (Back when I used to have spare time, before I got married)

models 001.jpg

models 002.jpg

models 003.jpg

Let's see who's paying attention:

OriginalHUG-vi.jpg

OriginalHUG1-vi.jpg

Should I build it? :-D

2-1.jpg

trh.jpg

Waiting for the real car to get finished that way i can build this to match.

Heres some of mine a few of them need repairs the caypso green duster is a model of my sons car when it get's finished and the first pic is my all around favorites other than some I gave away or built for friends,the best one I did was a model of the first ever 69 super bee lift off hood /dana/4spd/6 pak car known as the "pilot car" owned by mr.Henry in maryland and a model of yellow68runner's old car.I don't know if I have pic's of it.

favoritemodels.JPG

models1.JPG

models2.JPG

model3.JPG

model4.JPG

model5.JPG

model6.JPG

model7.JPG

model8.JPG

model9.JPG

This is one of my favorites 68 road runner "richard petty car"this is a combination of several kit's to make one the chassis started off as a tony stewart stock car and then I found the double overhead cam hemi in another kit and from there I had a good starting point.as you can see I am lacking the proper decals to finish it up.the rear taillight covers were cut out of an aluminum can.

model10.JPG

petty1.JPG

petty2.JPG

Years ago my Uncle built many model cars. I found a 1966 Barracuda in his parts bin when I was about 10. He had built it gasser style and cut out the rear wheel wells. I found out later it was a 66 promo car.

I took it apart, filled in the wheel wells best as possible and painted white like my Dads 66. I liked the ramcharger hood scoop so I left it. Its been 30 some years since I finished it.

hood%20off.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

I'm seeing some pretty nice work in this thread.
Here's one of mine. Its the MPC D50 pickup done as a yard truck.
It won first in class at a big model car show up here in Canada.

DSCF0731.jpg

DSCF0740.jpg

Very cool FASTBACK.:cheers: Build it!........... and save/sell $$$$$$$ the box :-D.

Yes, it's the original issue. It also cost me twice what I paid for my first REAL car and there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm building it! I have several of the Model King reissue plus built-up's of the `67-9 versions of the HUG. Never mind what else I have stashed away....

In another life I was a prolific builder that attended all the shows from MASSCAR in Mass. to the original NNL in Toledo. I've also attended almost every NNL East in New Jersey. I keep threathening to do it, but I really should go photograph some of my stuff. I keep posting the same old pictures I already have, but never take good shots of the stuff I know everyone will like.

Like my 413 powered `32 Ford
32ford413b-vi.jpg

Or my customized Dodge pick-up
lilgreen2-vi.jpg

Or how about a hemi-powered drag bike?
overkillb-vi.jpg

The only full sized photograph I have is of a `59 Buick lead-sled I built from an original AMT annual kit. Check out the keys in the ignition....
59Buick1_jpg-vi.jpg

59Buick2_jpg-vi.jpg

You should see my Hemi Dart with functioning hood pins.... I have to go snap a few pix 8)

I was able to sneak into the junkyard down the street last night and snap a pic of the old Daytona in the back corner buried under a rusted out el Camino- I think it may be a Hemi car!
Actually, I built the Daytona from a General Lee, before they made a Daytona model. The idea was a thrashed old street car turned racer- including the nose bondo-ed to the fenders.

1.JPG

Yes, it's the original issue. It also cost me twice what I paid for my first REAL car and there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm building it! I have several of the Model King reissue plus built-up's of the `67-9 versions of the HUG. Never mind what else I have stashed away....

In another life I was a prolific builder that attended all the shows from MASSCAR in Mass. to the original NNL in Toledo. I've also attended almost every NNL East in New Jersey. I keep threathening to do it, but I really should go photograph some of my stuff. I keep posting the same old pictures I already have, but never take good shots of the stuff I know everyone will like.

Like my 413 powered `32 Ford
32ford413b-vi.jpg

Or my customized Dodge pick-up
lilgreen2-vi.jpg

Or how about a hemi-powered drag bike?
overkillb-vi.jpg

The only full sized photograph I have is of a `59 Buick lead-sled I built from an original AMT annual kit. Check out the keys in the ignition....
59Buick1_jpg-vi.jpg

59Buick2_jpg-vi.jpg

You should see my Hemi Dart with functioning hood pins.... I have to go snap a few pix 8)

Yes more pics please! Man those are sweet FASTBACK. I do more box stock but I know serious detail when I see it.:cheers: My buddy Rodman was into all the small detail stuff he just wasn't a clean builder.
When I do replicas off my cars when finished they will be tricked out.

I have a lot of kits but haven't really done any since I got married and had kids. Now I have cats also and no way of shutting myself away from everyone. Used to do it just to get my mind off things. Been really needing to get back to building them again! I'm starting to like the weathered/needing resto look. Honestly, think the models look more realistic that way then as a pristine show room car. Some beaters I have seen would be hard to distinguish from the real thing if you had nothing to reference its scale in a photograph.

i build models during the winter when its too damn cold to work on my real cars. im tryin to get ever possible mopar kit availible. id list what i have so far, but i have way too many to list em all

-
Back